Obtuse and intriguing...

Chapter's song: Time of our lives, Pitbull mix :)

"So, what do you want the money for?"

I blinked at him. "Do you actually think I'd tell you? You've been laughing at my expense for the last hour!"

His lips twitched as he faked a cough. "Thank you, by the way."

Rolling my eyes, I closed the can's lid because Pablo had kindly told us that Maria had made bagels for us.

"Oh come on, if you don't tell me, I won't share!"

My mouth dropped to the floor. "You wouldn't!"

He raised an eyebrow in challenge, "Wanna try me?"

"But you said that-"

"Yes" he smirked at me, "but you gave terms. I have them, too."

Appalled, I shoved him hard on the chest, "but you're supposed to say them while you're making the deal, not after!" That's so unfair!

He shrugged, "but I've got the upper hand, prankster," I rolled my eyes at that, "So you either tell me or as soon as we reach England, your story will be over the news."

I looked at him. I mean, really looked at him. To be honest, besides being obnoxious and plain rude to me, he didn't seem like the kind of person that would do that to me. Still...

Rubbing a palm on my forehead, I murmured, "it's stupid, Jason..."

Blocking my way, he stood up in front of me, "I still want to know." His white shirt was clinging too nicely for my taste over his chest and despite having disheveled hair he still looked hot. And I shouldn't be noticing that...

I bit my lip. His grey eyes snapped to my lips for a moment, when he looked up they were so intense that my heart started to race faster. My lips parted as he took a step back.

Those grey eyes looked at me too damn intensely.

Sighing, I looked to the side, "I want to take stand-up paddle classes..."much more softly, I added, "and an ice-cream..."

If he had laughed at me for a whole hour before, I expected him to laugh harder. Only that he didn't. He stayed quiet for an unnerving long moment looking at me.

"You want an ice-cream? You do know that there must be some in the freezer?"

Breathing out, I shifted on my feet. "When I was little, we came to Mexico but to another beach and I remember eating ice-cream from a local place...and it was the best ice-cream I'd ever had. I remember feeling giddy and happy..." I looked at my feet, "I kind of wanted to feel like that again..." I sighed again. "I know it's stupid and you'll probably tease me to no end-"

His usually husky voice sounded softer, "I think it's cute." I looked up surprised at his words as he cleared his throat, "You really want to learn how to stand-up paddle?"

I was still looking at him completely dumbfounded. Bloody hell...the guy was obtuse...

"Huh?"

"I can teach you..."

"Why?"

His grey eyes bored into mine for a moment, "Because I can." His eyes glinted proudly before he pushed open the kitchen's door. He greeted everyone in Spanish as he waited for me to go through the door.

He was hard to keep up with...

Glancing briefly at him, I walked inside the kitchen. "Hola."

"Are you tired, dear?" Aunt Patricia asked as she passed me a dark orange drink.