Fallen...

Chapter's song: Fallen by presuntos implicados and Randy Crawford. And yes. Couldn't think of another title for the chapter ;)

҉       A ƤriƝɕҽsslɣ CoƝƝҽCƬioƝ        ҉

ChaPtEr FIFTEEN           _________________________

Fallen…

A small trail of sweat ran on the back of my neck making me cringe. “It’s really hot in here, doesn’t it?” Sol asked as she rubbed her forehead with the back of her hand.

Hot was an understatement. I was literally melting.

We’d been assigned to do laundry. Which consisted on washing an endless amount of towels and white cotton sheets. The washing and drying had been pretty easy. The hard work was folding.

The room was extremely hot and you had to fold each sheet carefully. Plus, we’d been doing this for at least two hours now. I was tired and dehydrated. Sol seemed a bit tired as well but she kept on without complaining.

Suddenly, the back door opened and a brown haired head peeked through the door. “Guys!” Pablo’s chocolate eyes shone excited, “don’t forget about tonight!” He had two water bottles in his hands.

Glad to finally take a break, I finished folding the sheet on my hands and leaned on the table as I grabbed the bottle, “Gracias,” I took a large sip, “but I’m not sure if I’ll be up to it.”

Pablo’s eyes narrowed, “Oh come on! You’ll get some rest on the afternoon!” he turned to Sol, “Right?” She made a thumb-up gesture before gulping down her water, “See?”

I sighed. “Ok. Ok. I’ll sleep for the rest of the day!” I added smiling.

“Awesome. I’ll pick you up at nine.”

“So late?”

Pablo shook his head, “you don’t go out much, do you? It’s not cool to get there earlier.” He looked at me as if I was a lost cause. Which I probably was. “I’ll see you later guys!”

Sol laughed at my feeble wave. “We’ll have fun tonight! Hopefully you’ll be brave and make a move on Jason!”

I pursed my lips and stood straight. Walking to the trash can, I dropped the plastic bottle mumbling, “He’s got a girlfriend, remember?”

She rolled her eyes, “Oh please! Even he said it was not serious! Besides, maybe you haven’t noticed the way he looks at you…” she smiled slyly for a moment. Then, she frowned. “Honestly, it looks as if you’d just met or something, you were pretty distant at the beginning, even hateful at times and now you guys can’t keep away from each other much…” she trailed more to her herself than me.

Oh shit…

“I really hadn’t been around him for a while…” I averted my eyes and started folding sheets again.

“Huh,” she sounded totally unconvinced. I couldn’t blame her, really. It did seem pretty obvious. The fact that we didn’t know each other, not the we’ve got the hots for each other…well...ok…she got that part too. At least from my side.

Trying to change the subject, I asked her, “what about you? Do you have a boyfriend?”

Sol snorted, “My love life is and will be pretty inexistent…”

Frowning, I dropped the folded sheet on the pile and turned to her, “How so?”

She kept folding for a moment completely averting my eyes. Sighing, she murmured, “I’m in love with someone who doesn’t see me as nothing else than a friend,” she grunted, “even a sister!”