Chapter 5

Princess Adhiya's Pov

On our way to our kingdom 'queen' tried to initiate a conversation with me but I was seriously not interested in making small talk with her
See this is how it went-

"So princess Adhiya, I heard you are good in sword fighting." She spoke. Maybe if she had been a little bit proud of me maybe then I would have been happy to engage in this conversation.
Not good the best I swear that's the only thing I been I have been proud of my whole life, but I decided to just answer her monotonously.

"Yes, queen." I said resisting the urge to be sarcastic, she already had all the updates regarding my time at the Gurukul.
"So tell me how was your experience here?"
What can I say quite entertaining with pricks like Rajat.
"Good." I once again replied in a single word.

"Why are you so stubborn, princess?" She felt sad and disappointed. Guess I just hit a nerve. But since I always had been a disappointment for her it wouldn't be a big problem for me to continue being a disappointment.

I just stayed quiet and continued the rest of the journey peacefully without her badgering questions.

Soon we will be reaching the palace located in our state capital and we will be meeting the 'King Vikramaditiya' or as you can say my beloved father, note the sarcasm.

Things you should now about my father i.e., he loves his kingdom as his own child (more than me ofcourse) and everyone in our kingdom loves him.

He is strict about my training as you know I will be the next ruler and he never showed any kind of love towards me as he wanted a son but he got me. (Again, a disappointment)

My mother (queen if you forgot) is not different, she loves me (she shows she loves me but I don't know the truth it could be a facade) but truthfully she also wanted a son.

I don't know what I did to deserve this treatment. You might think I am lucky just to have all the luxuries at my foot but it's not the truth I just crave for love. And I would trade it any day for some love. I feel I am surrounded but still alone.

I don't know what girls have done to make everyone discriminate them from boys, all I want is some freedom to make my decisions. Just once I become the ruler it would finally easy for me to have some say in the matters of my life plus I also want to help the girls of our kingdom.

After reaching the palace I head towards my room and get some rest physically and emotionally.

Sometime later...

"Princess Adhiya, you have been called in the royal court, by your majesty." Said a servant.

Let's get ready to face my new reality.
I just want to escape this reality and make dreams my reality the one where I am what I want.
The one where I can be a person where no one sets my life. The one where my goals are not boundaries, they are stepping stones. The one where I am me not a puppet.
__________________________

King Jai's POV

I have received a letter from Vikramgarh inviting me for the coronation ceremony of Princess Adhiya. I am just counting days to find the truth regarding Princess Adhiya.
The one in which she is not puppet like others.
The one where she knows who she is who she wants to be.
I am just waiting to know if she really is the person whom I am searching for. My mother made me promised her to get a queen who is worthy of being a queen to our kingdom.

But the question is how will I marry her since she is becoming the next ruler. I might have to use some dirty tricks to marry her but I will if it benefits my kingdom.
I guess I have to wait for coronation day to check and make her my queen.
The queen this kingdom requires.

"Your majesty, as per your request we have gathered following details about Princess Adhiya."

I had ordered my spies to bring details about Princess Adhiya so as to execute my plan.

________________

See you soon!!!!

Princess Rebelजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें