Chapter 3

"Irene, Irene, hey wake up." A guy called out as he continued slapping the sleeping woman harshly. He found her lying on the cold floor at the balcony of the university dorm.

Irene's back was aching due to the hardness of the floor. Aside from that, she felt so cold. She wondered where she's at. She recalled, she did watch the fireworks display with Lisa.

"My golly, how did you even get here? Your mom has been looking for you." He was being dramatic as usual. He's one of the few male friends of Irene.

"Heechul, will you stop slapping my face? I am already awake."

"Bitch, you got me nervous. I thought you're dead. I was just trying to confirm you're not." He's being a total snob. He could not contain himself. He always felt like he needed to pull her friend's hair.

"Aish, pull me up. I can't get up."

"Why are you even here again?" He asked as he assisted Irene.

"I promised Lisa to watch the fireworks display with her." She smiled widely. "I think we're official now, Heechul!" She bounced excitedly as she grabbed Heechul to join her doing the happy dance.

"Do you know that I should be spending my night with my new boyfriend? But I have no choice, your mom asked me to join her in looking for you."

"Aish, stop being an annoying gay. We need to celebrate. I am now Lisa's girlfriend." She said cheerfully and ignoring Heechul's glare.

Heechul's brows arched. "How many times should I tell you that...." He was not able to say it since he couldn't ruin Irene's mood. He rarely seen her this happy. "Oh, congrats, anyways. I am so happy for you, Irene." He smiled genuinely since it's really rare to see her friend this happy.

"Come on, let's celebrate I think Lisa kept some beer in cans in her mini-fridge."

He stopped her and held her tighter. "Irene, let's go home." He hesitantly said. He didn't want to be a bummer but it's best to bring her home.

"Don't you want to celebrate with us? This is the first time I'll introduce you to her. Don't be such a killjoy." Her eyes were pleading.

The next room's door opened and two female students came out. "Hello, can you guys tone it down?" The girl with eyeglasses reprimands them. "Who are you guys anyway? And how did you get inside the building?"

"Hi, there. I am Heechul and the beautiful woman beside me is my friend Irene." He nudged Irene to introduce herself but she just paid no attention.

"Hey, I am talking to you, Ahjumma."  She casually said.

Irene only scowled at her and was about to swallow the two girls in whole. The other girl was actually behaving and just observing. "Who are you to talk to us like that? Which college are you from?"

"Look, ahjumma. This is our dorm so you follow the rules. The two of you are outsiders so please try to be considerate to the students who wanted to be at peace." She then fixed her eyeglasses.

"Who's ahjumma and who are the outsiders? I am not. My best friend lives here. I mean my girlfriend." Irene corrected herself and pointed her finger at Lisa's room next to them.

"Sorry about my friend, she slept late last night. By the way, my name is Sakura. And this is Somi."

"Nice meeting you girls. I am sorry that we were so loud that we woke you up this early." Heechul explained.

"Gosh it's not even too early Heechul. That's why I need to wake my girlfriend up. This kids-" Heechul cut her off.

"Hey, Irene doesn't fight with these kids." Heechul tried to calm her down.