"See the thing is..." He trailed off. My baby sis doesn't deserve excuses. I got him up on the wall by his neck in seconds flat.

"No excuses. Because of you, my baby sister is endanger everyday, and will fear for her life every moment of it," before I could blink, I put up against a wall my my neck with an angry looking Conlan holding it.

"Don't you dare talk to me about excuses. You could have saved her all of those years she was suffering, but you didn't," he spat at me. He's right, I didn't help her when she most needed it. He suddenly brought me down to me feet and looked sad. "...but neither did I. I-I didn't know my mate was being hurt. I didn't know she was suffering. If I had know, I would have come running and would've saved her. I didn't know..."

That's when I realized that Conlan and I had one thing in common. We both want the best for Amanda.

"That's in the past now. Since we have her safe, why don't we make up for lost time, okay?" He nodded his head with a mumble of agreement. "Speaking of which, where is Amanda?"

Both our eyes widen in realization as we spoke in unison. "Oh sh*t."

Amanda's P.O.V

The tears are flowing and I don't know if I can stop them. The pain and suffering are just hitting me like a ton of bricks. The memories of everytime I was hit, kicked, and punched ring throughout my brain, reminding me of the childhood no 7 year old deserves to have.

I don't blame my brother or Conlan for not coming to save me soon enough, because they didn't know they needed to. How would they know?

My back is leaning up against the bark of a tree, while I sit up and try to catch my breath. I probably ruined this beautiful dress that Stephan found for me. I was going to rewear it some time. I guess not.

I know the past is int he past and I should just let this go. I know I'm being unfair if I blame my brother or Conlan for not saving me soon enough, because the reality is, they did save me. Kanye not at the ideal time, but I'm away from the devil. As long as I'm with them, I'm not in harms way. For the first time in forever, I can relax and not have to worry about whether I will live to see tomorrow. I should be gratful, because if they didn't come and save me, I might have been dead right now.

I heard the sound of a twig breaking under the pressure of a foot. I suddenly became very aware of my surroundings. I'm in the middle of the woods, and I'm far enough away from the house to not be able to see any lights. I was alone.

"H-hello," heavy breathing echoed in my ears. "W-whos there?"

"Did you miss me b*tch,"

Conlan's P.O.V

I'm a terrible boyfriend/mate. Losing Amanda one time is bad enough, but twice? How do you loose a person? I don't know, but apparently I'm an expert at it.

The second Ray and I realized we lost Amanda, I told everyone to split up into pairs. Ray and I have been searching for about 3 minutes and we were both freaking out. Neither of us may be showing it, but I could tell he was as frantic as I was.

What if she's in danger? What if she's screaming for us to help her? What if it's too late? What if she's lying on the ground somewhere dead? Or worse, screaming in agony while she's slowly drifting away.

Ray could see the inner battle in my brain from my facial features, so he put his hand on my shoulder in a reasuring manner.

"We're going to find her," I nodded my head, hoping he was right.

Suddenly we heard the faint hum or voices, and I knew Ray heard it too, so we followed it to the source. Once it got loud enough, we hid behind a tree so we could listen without being noticed.

"You thought I wouldn't find you, huh?" why does that voice sound so familiar?

"H-how did you find me?" I know that voice. It's unmistakibily my angel, my Amanda. I try to move towards her, but am held back by Ray. He shakes his head. He want's to know who's talking to Amanda. I want to know to, but we must wait.

"Oh, so you decide to talk now?" silence. "Well, my mate told me about how you moved into this big ol mansion and you're all famous. You're nothing. You're pathetic. Then when she told me about this fancy ceromony for you becoming luna, well, I thought I might as well crash the party," the voice starts laughing mencingly. "...but I didn't even need to. You came to me."

I really wanted to run out there and snap this guys neck, but I refrained. Not yet.

"Who's your mate?" Amanda asked more confidently. There's silence. Then the steady sound of footsteps against the snow. After a few seconds, the person stops.

"I am," no! Mable, how could you?

A/N

Muahahahaha. I'm evil. Next chapter warning, prepare to cry. Many many tears will be shed by you guys. Very emotional, anyways. Thank you soooooo much for 20K. This is soo amazing. Let's try for 20.5K. Goodbye fellow readers and have a fun-filled Friday.

Why would Mable do this?

Who is the mystery man?

Conlan: Go ahead.

Me: What?

Conlan: You know you wanna.

Me: It's just...how do you loose a person twice? Twice! Not once, but twice!

Conlan: Yea, yea, yea. I get it.

Me: No Conlan, just no.

Conlan: Shut up. You're not little miss perfect either.

Me: Oh really?

Conlan: Yea.

Me: How so?

Conlan: Umm...

Me: *smirks*

Conlan: *thinks really hard* just give me a second okay. I'm thinking.

Me: That's right, I'm perfect.

Conlan: I will never admit defeat.

Me: You don't need to, I already know I'm perfect. :)

Conlan: I hate you.

Me: Uhuh.

Vote

Comment

Follow