Epilogue

(unedited)

A/N:

Just wanted to apologize for the time skips ahead of time. I normally don't do time skips, but it seems necessary for this situation. Enjoy the final chapter.

--1 year post honeymoon--

Conlan's P.O.V

The morning chaos surrounded us. The whole pack was in the kitchen eating breakfast then leaving to either get ready for school or work since it was a Monday. The whole room was in a loud rush frenzy. The only person virtually calm was Amanda.

Amanda is normally calm and quiet, but she seemed to be preoccupied with her own troubling thoughts this morning. Even with it being her favorite meal of the day, breakfast, she was just swirling around her lucky charms in the mushy, milk filled bowl. Even her sugary goodness marshmallows were untouched, which is very unlike her.

She rarely looked up from her cereal, but when she did, it would be at the new youngins in our pack. Mara and Ray are expecting a daughter in the next few months that they're naming Sunnie. Since Ray can also mean ray of sunshine they named their daughter after the sun. Aimee and Dakota also had a son they named Tate who is soon to turn 1 year old. Even Mable and Dakota just announced 2 days ago that they're expecting as well. Though they don't know the gender yet, Mable claims that she just knows it's going to be a girl. Dillian insists that they name their child Alisa if Mable's hunch is right.

"Hey Amanda?" I call out lightly to her. She had no reaction to my voice. Before I could say more, the doorbell went off.

I left the room and opened it up to our surprise guests. Dakota was holding the Yellowstone pack Alpha's forearm and kept him grounded. "Alpha Severn,"

"Alpha Conlan. I need to ask a favor,"

"We can set up a meeting for later. You have my permission to be on my territory,"

"What about everyone else?"

"What do you me..?" before I could finish, I noticed the nearly 200 hundred werewolves standing behind him. Wow, I'm observant. "They have permission as well,"

I walked away from the door and back to the kitchen. "Amanda," This time, unlike before, she looked up at me with a pained expression that was quickly masked to an emotionless face. It hurt my heart to know she was in pain. "Let's go up stairs," Amanda nodded and gave me a light smile. I wasn't fool by how fake it was. I had to bite my lip to keep a whimper from escaping between my mouth.

~~~

Once we were safe behind closed doors, I launched my lips on to her and held her body close to mine. Amanda immediately relaxed into the kiss, and I felt a little happier that I could still bring her comfort when she is sad. We eventually had to part for air and I took the time to stare deep into her amber eyes.

"What's wrong baby?" her emotions flashed through Amanda's eyes, and I knew she couldn't hide them anymore.

"What's wrong with me?" her voice cracked at the end and every word she spoke held thick pain and sadness.

"What do you mean?" I rubbed my hands along her crossed arms in an attempt to comfort her. A single, stray tear escaped from her somber eyes and dripped down her cheek.

"Why can't I get pregnant?" Amanda's head fell into her head in a tear filled confession. Though she said it calmly, I knew this was something that is hurting her a lot right now.

We've been trying ever since the night of our honeymoon to get pregnant, but it just hasn't happened. We even went to the doctors office to check and see if there was a problem with her ovaries or my semen and nothing noticeable came up. He just told us to be patient, but that was months ago so I can see where this hurt and sadness is coming from.