Chapter 22

TRIGGER WARNING: Abuse, sickness, panic attacks, and possible other triggering things! please be cautious and keep yourselves safe! I love you all very much, I hope you enjoy :)!

Apologies for any grammar mistakes ❤️

—— 3rd Person POV ——

"Alex! Alex please stay with me! Come on Alex please!" John frantically cried, holding Alex's hand while on the ride to the hospital.

How could I be so stupid? Alex got shot while we were out and we wouldn't be out if it wasn't for me. John blamed himself while trying to not scream out. His baby was shot and he couldn't do anything about it.

He choked back his sobs while they pulled Alex out on the stretcher and into the surgery room. John paced around in the empty waiting room while calling his friends.

"He was fucking shot Lafayette!" John cried to the phone before sitting on one of the chairs, "He could fucking die!"

"He was what?!" Lafayette yelled into the phone.

"Herc! Get the god damn car Alex was fucking shot!" He frantically screamed, "Don't worry John, we're on our way. See you soon, please be careful."

John hung up the phone, now standing on the wall. He placed his phone in his pocket, knees shaking before buckling beneath him.

He fell to his knees, sobbing into his hands. He watched him get shot right in front of him. He held him and watched his eyes roll into the back of his head. He was breathing so slowly and it was terrifying.

John felt like his chest was caving in, he couldn't breathe. He could barely even focus his eyes on one thing. His chest was in near unbearable pain, he was sweating profusely and felt so lightheaded he nearly fainted.

John heard the doors open and looked over at his friends. Lafayette, Hercules, Maria, Peggy. Eliza, and Angelica frantically rushed next to him. They quickly tried to calm him down but nothing seemed to work.

"No, no, no, it- NO he's- I WATCHED HIM GET SHOT AND I COULDN'T DO ANYTHING!" John cried, gripping his hair in his hands and seemingly having a panic attack to the group.

"John, hey buddy can you name five things you can see?"

After using the method Angelica had learned previously, John eventually calmed down. John wiped his tears, but his heart still ached- how could it not?

"What happened?" Peggy quietly asked as they now sat on the floor of the waiting room. It was gross, but they weren't focus on it as their friend was just shot and currently in surgery.

"We had just left from our date at the cafe. We were just walking down the street and it was so quick I could barely see the bullet." John had tears stream down his face, trying to choke down the sobs but failing. He hunched over his own lap and sobbed into his hands.

Maria buried her face in peggys shoulder as they sadly hugged each other. Lafayette crying into Hercules shirt, Hercules hiding his tears in Lafs hair. Eliza and Angelica sat on each side of John as they all cried, hoping that their friend would be okay.

—— Time Skip: still Third Person POV ——

Alex opened his eyes to darkness. He looked around before spotting four people in the distance. He tried to call out but realized he couldn't talk.

He shakily stood up and stumbled while walking. As soon as he got close he could hear and see exactly who they were.

"Stand up and be a man!" He heard his father scream at him. He saw his younger self curled into a ball with his brother standing in front of him.

"Leave my little brother alone you asshole!" James screamed.

"Shut up you little bitch!" He slapped James out of the way. He fell with a small cry, holding his face.

Their father lifted Alex up by his shirt with one hand. He screamed in his face, "Why can't you just be a man! Don't be a little pussy and stand up!"

"Get off of him! He's just a kid!" Their mom yelled.

"Rachel you whore! Don't tell me what to do you bitch!" He threw Alex into the wall before punching Rachel square in the face.

James took this moment to grab Alex. He took him and ran into their room, locking the door.

Present Alex had by then fallen to his knees in horror. His hand was over his mouth and his other gripped his thigh. He was trying to keep his composure before the scene faded into black.

He saw himself tightly holding his moms hand as he counted with her. Alex was starting to get over his sickness, but his mom wasn't.

"Please be okay mama," he said before they started counting again.

He held her hand while she took her final breath.

Everything was black except for the white dressed woman in front of him.

"Mama.." Alex gently called as he saw his mother kneeling in front of him a few feet away.

"Alex, it's okay," his mother soft voice called out to him. Alex let out a loud cry, shakily standing up.

"Are- are you really here?"

"I am Alex.. it's okay bud, you're safe now."

Alex let out a wobbly cry as he finally fully stood up. At the same moment his mother also stood up.

"Ma!" Alex cried as he ran up to her.

"I'm here baby, I love you. Forever and always."

"I love you too ma!" Alex finally reached her and wrapped his arms around her.

"I'll see you soon," his mother gently said before everything faded into white.

————

It isn't over! I promise you this isn't the last chapter!

How are y'all doing? Hope I didn't kill you because that wouldn't be very fun.

How did you like this?

Stay safe and I love all you guys, gals, and non-binary pals! ❤️

I'll put an updated picture of myself in the next if y'all want