Chapter 5

Alexander's pov

I made my coffee and sat down at the table, pulling out my laptop and continued working on my essay that was due in a month. I silently sighed, finishing up my last page. I looked over at John scrolling through his phone. He seemed happy about what he was looking at.

I slowly shut my laptop and stand up to wash the now empty coffee cup. I washed the cup and put it in the cabinet, well tried, I ended up jumping on the counter to put the cup up. I heard a small laugh come from behind me and jumped off the counter.

"You could've asked me to help you, you know that right?" He said, with a bright smile on his face. I playfully roll my eyes.
"Yeah sure, but I'd rather do it myself than bother anyone else." I signed. He arched an eyebrow and walked over to me.

"You could never bother me." He said, placing a hand on my shoulder and wearing a large smile. I only nodded and returned his smile.

"So, do you want to hang out with me and a group of friends?" He asked. I slowly nodded.

"I've never had a group of friends before." I signed, trying to be honest. He looked at me confused before smiling and pulling me into a hug.

"Well, now you do." He said. I gave another smile.
"That sounds nice." I signed as we both pulled out of the hug. He nodded and went into the bathroom to change and shower.

I squatted down to search for something else instead of what I was currently wearing. I found a plain blue shirt, sweatpants, and my baggy green hoodie that says 'non-stop' and decided to just wear that, because why not?

I could hear water running in the bathroom and assumed John was still taking a shower. I put on the sweatpants and shirt, I was just about to put on my hoodie when I heard a door open. I looked over my shoulder to see John staring at something. That something, was my arm. As soon as I realized that, I put the hoodie on quickly.

I heard running and slightly flinched, ready for a blow since that's what usually happens in this situation. I felt a pair of hands grab my arm and pull back my sleeve, but they were careful not to harm me.

"Alex, why?" John quietly asked. I look at him with tears welling in my eyes as he stared at the cuts I inflicted on myself.
"I'm sorry.." Was the only things I could sign. He shook his head and held me closer.

"No, don't apologize. I only want to know why." He said, slowly stroking my hair. I pulled away to sign my response.

"Just personal things I'm not comfortable mentioning right now.." I look at the floor and shove my hands in my hoodies pocket. I wanna be able to talk and tell him, but last time I spoke it didn't end well.

"Well, could you eventually tell me?" He asked. I thought for a second or two before nodding. He just smiled and gave me another hug in which I immediately returned.

"We should get going." He said as we pulled out of the hug. I only nodded and we walked out the door. Shortly, we arrived to a large mansion and three girls started singing their names, but then..

"Angelica~"
"Eliza~"
"AND PEGGY!"
John and I started laughing hysterically.

John introduced me to the three who are known as 'The Schuyler Sisters' which only explained why they sung their names a small amount.

"Meet Alexander Hamilton, my roommate. He is mute, but I know PegLeg here knows sign language so that won't be that much of a problem." Suddenly the door swings open to reveal two more people.

"HERCULES MULLIGAN-" He starts to screech before seeing me here. He stopped what he was saying and stood back. The taller male next to him spoke rapid French. I raised an eyebrow hearing what he said.