❈║Mysterious║❈

Start from the beginning

"Is that so? Then... Um... And what about you, Deku-san?" Uraraka asked, a bit hesitant.

Deku hummed, smiling, "Hm~? What about lil' old me?"

"U-Um... What does your real rumor say?" The brunette stated, "I-I mean you said that there are different rumors going around about you and all. S-So, I wanted to know... What about you, Deku-san...? What is your myth? What do you do?"

"Hm... Alright then!" Deku clapped his hands together happily before pulling out a pointing stick from his sleeve, "Let's clarify Deku-san's rumor to the innocent little coconut head today!"

"I told you to stop calling me that." Uraraka gave a low growl with an uninterested face.

"Sorry. Sorry." Deku waved it off. He then cleared his throat and explained, "Here's the true story about UA High's mysterious ghost; Deku-san of the nine mysteries... I used to be a hero course student, so it's natural that I protect the students and the faculty members from evil apparitions and maintain a proper order between the near shore and the far shore. In other words, I can still be a hero! Yay!" The green head gleefully threw his fist up in the air.

The Mokke in the room also gave a cheer of, "Yay!"

Uraraka nodded firmly with her hands balled in front of her chest, a Mokke sitting on top of her head was copying her movements.

"Oh! And what are the nine mysteries?!" Uraraka exclaimed in question, raising her hand.

Upon that, the two will-o-wisps twitches and fluttered around the green head, "Why yes, how can I forget about that part~"

Lowering himself so his feet could touch the floor and his eyes could meet the ones of the brunette, he said, "The thing is, the nine mysteries that connect to the embodiment of my spiritual form hide an untold and forgotten story in themselves... Although, the mysteries themselves are also secretly kept hidden. But that's nothing to worry... They were hidden in this school and nowhere else, my dear."

"An untold... And forgotten... Story? What's the story...?" She asked, a bit hesitantly.

"Who knows really... It is a forgotten story..." Deku replied, locking his hands behind his back.

"S-So, where are the mysteries?" Uraraka asked. For some uncertain reason, she felt like... She felt like she should know what the mysteries were. What the forgotten story was. Where were they hidden... Why were they hidden... She felt obliged to know.

"I don't know." Deku replied,

"What do you mean you don't know?! How could you not know?!"

With a sigh, Deku floated over to sit on a worktable before continuing in a lower voice, "I don't know where they are. What they are or what kind of story they hide. Funny, isn't it? If anything I'm the one who's supposed to know. But... I don't."

Uraraka didn't expect the sudden mood change from the ghost. In the short time she had known him, she saw how he had a mostly energetic and somewhat teasing personality. But there were a few things that made him look... Serious, sad or pitiful. And for some reason, seeing this strange apparition like that made Uraraka's heart feel like a stone dropping in a empty bucket. An unknown burden on her shoulders.

She felt a strange connection with him... Some sort of bond. A bond that was never made...

How mysterious.

The brunette came to the terms that she might need someone else to join in finding more about Deku-san and the nine mysteries. Not only for her unexplainable obligation to know but also... She wanted if it was just her or did somebody else feel the same way around him too.

She opened her mouth to say something, but quickly shut it off after hearing some footsteps approaching from the hallway. She turned around quickly to notice that the door was open and so was the light. Whoever was out, they were probably looking for her - most likely a teacher since it was already dark.

Ah, she wondered if her fate was extra training or detention.

"Sounds like your cue to leave, huh?" Deku said as floated over her shoulder, "Don't worry, I'll tell you about the new rumor by tomorrow and don't think too much into the mysteries. They're probably just a bunch of obscure lines."

"O-Okay..." Uraraka nodded as she dusted her clothes one more time before heading towards the door.

But before she could leave, Power Loader and Aizawa showed up, the former looking more worked up while homeroom teacher held the same sluggish facade as ever.

"Oh! Look at the mess in here!" Power Loader exclaimed as he stomped in. He checked a few gadgets and their condition before pointing at the brunette, "And you, young lady. You better explain what you were doing here so late when you should be in your dorms!"

Uraraka put up her hands in an attempt to calm down the pro hero who was most likely very fed up thanks to a certain pink haired someone as she began to think of a logical excuse. She couldn't just tell them that she was helping s ghost find more ghosts. Plus, Deku said not everyone can see him! So even if he was standing right behind her, if she said the truth, she would probably get a therapy session with Hound Dog along with detention.

From the corner of her eye, Uraraka could see her homeroom teacher scanning the mess of a room, staying at his his spot by door while at it. The room was messy for sure with all the different gadgets and tools all over the place but then there were they Mokke — still eating candy without a care in the world and green haired ghost boy floating by her shoulder.

Uraraka assumed her teacher probably wouldn't able to see any of it. What a bad day, honestly...

To her surprise, Aizawa said, "It's okay, Power Loader. Let her head back. I'll deal with the reasons myself."

Power Loader sighed, dropping the strictness in his tone, "Whatever you say, man."

Aizawa turned to his student, "Uraraka, back to the dorms. I don't want to see you wandering around again."

"Y-Yes sir!" Uraraka gave a quick glance to the ghost behind her before she rushed out.

"I'm too tired to tidy up this place again. I'm never letting Hatsume in here." Power Loader groaned as he left the room as well.

The raven haired man watched as both his student and the other pro hero disappeared from the hallways, separating paths to their respective dormitories.

He took in a deep breath before letting it out as he took one hand out of his pocket and rubbed it over his temples, clearly exhausted.

He turned around back to once again face the messy room. His eyes landing on Deku-san might or might not have been a coincidence.

"And you..."

"Evening, Eraserhead."