Chapter 58

Shen Lin didn't see Xiang Nuan and sat down with the beautiful woman on a table by the window. Xiang Nuan walked over with the menu and smiled. "Welcome, what can I do for you?"

The woman didn't take much notice and simply accepted the menu to peruse through it. Shen Lin, however, was stunned when he raised his head and saw her.

Xiang Nuan, dressed in a uniform, was standing by his table, looking at him with a smile.

Shen Lin suddenly felt a hiccup climbing up his throat.

Access vi pnovel.com

He valiantly held the hiccup back, stood up, and asked: "Xiang Nuan? Why are you here?"

Xiang Nuan, with a smile still pasted on her face, continued to act professionally. She simply replied: "I'm working here for the summer."

The woman who was sitting opposite to Shen Lin finally looked up and asked him: "Do you know each other?"

"Ah, yes, my classmate."

"Oh..." The girl glanced at Xiang Nuan, then went back to her menu. "I'd like an Americano, thank you."

"Of course." Xiang Nuan then turned to Shen Lin. "What about this gentleman?"

Shen Lin replied: "I'll have the same."

"Alright, two Americano coffees. Just a moment, please."

Xiang Nuan took back the menus, then turned away. As she left, the pretty woman placed her elbow on the table and put her chin on her hand. She asked Shen Lin: "She's already gone. Aren't you going to sit down?"

"Ah...sorry." Shen Lin sat back down.

The woman's name was He Yue. She was the daughter of Shen Lin's mother's good friend and was a medical student at the capital's top university. She was in her sophomore year, and her grades have always been excellent. Since Shen Lin also wanted to apply for the medical department of the same university, his mother asked him to take advantage of the summer vacation and learn a few things from this sister. Although the results for the college entrance exams hadn't been released yet, his mother was quite confident and already considered him a student of that university.

"By the way, have you finished reading those books I recommended to you last time?" He Yue asked him.

Shen Lin nodded and said: "I originally wanted to return them to you today, but I thought it would be too heavy for you to bring back. I'll just get it delivered to your home some other day."

Shen Lin read all of the books He Yue recommended and religiously took notes. After reading the books, Shen Lin felt that he genuinely benefited from it.

He Yue was only asking casually, but unexpectedly, Shen Lin actually finished them all. A little surprised, she asked: "You finished all of them? There was a lot."

"Yes, I've read them all."

"Did you read it properly? When school starts, I'll test you, ah."

"Alright, senior can verify it."

After chatting for a while, Xiang Nuan came back to deliver the coffee and their bill. Shen Lin took his wallet out of his pants pocket, seemingly ready to pay. But before he could, He Yue told him: "No need, I'll treat you."

Shen Lin's hand paused. "How can I be so shameless? I should be paying for you."

But He Yue had already paid the bill using her cellphone via QR code. She smiled at him and said: "Please, you were my junior in elementary school. It's just a cup of coffee, ah. You don't need to be so polite to me."