Extra 3 || Apologies

(after chapter 20) 

(y/n) blinked at her phone in shock, staring at the text notification displayed on her screen. Kenma rolled over and opened an eye, wondering why his girlfriend was frozen in place. 

"What is it?" He asked, sitting up and resting a chin on her shoulder. (y/n) angled the phone so he can see it. He edged a little closer and squinted, the brightness slightly hurting his eyes. 

"Morioka?" He asked incredulously, eyes widening. "He wants to meet up?" 

(y/n) sighed, turning to face the male. 

"Should I go?" She asked. Kenma frowned. He wanted to say no. After all, he still hadn't forgiven Morioka for what he did last year, although the male did text about an apology. 

Kenma sighed. An apology was better than nothing at all, even if it was a year late. "If you want." 

"Will you come with me?" Kenma huffed, standing up and stretching his hands over his head. 

"What kind of question is that..." Kenma mumbled under his breath, too quiet for (y/n) to hear from her spot on his bed. (y/n) took his actions as an 'okay' and followed Kenma out of the door. 

(y/n) laced their fingers together, and squeezed his hand. Kenma squeezed back, sensing the uncertainty and nervousness the girl was trying so hard to hide. 

They hadn't come into contact with Morioka since that day. Whenever they'd see each other in the hallway, the male would quickly turn the other direction. Their teachers also knew about what happened and made sure Kenma and (y/n) weren't put into a group with Morioka in hopes of avoiding another fight from breaking out. 

"(y/n)," He said as they walked to the park. "If anything happens..." 

"I let Kuroo and the rest of the team know where we are so they can back us up." 

(y/n) paused. Bringing a hand up, she tried to stifle the giggles that were escaping her lips. 

"Kenma what..." She laughed, her eyes meeting his. "Really?" 

Kenma nodded, only causing (y/n) to laugh more. 

"I don't think it's that serious," She managed, wiping an imaginary tear from her eye. 

"But..." (y/n) leaned over and placed a light peck on Kenma's cheek. "Thank you." 

Kenma just hummed, and the two resumed walking. 

(y/n) slowed her pace as she checked her phone, tugging Kenma into the direction of the meeting place. His gaze hardened as he spotted Morioka sitting on a bench. His gaze was stuck on the device in his hand and his leg bounced, what it could have caused it, Kenma didn't know, but he certainly wouldn't think that Morioka would be nervous. 

"Morioka-kun," (y/n) called out. Kenma scrunched his nose at the honorific. Leave it to his girlfriend to still act polite towards someone who doesn't deserve it. 

Said boy whipped his head up. Spotting the duo he hastily stood up, his gaze nervously flickering between the two. 

"(l-l/n)...and Kozume," Kenma only nodded in acknowledgment. 

Morioka gulped. Slamming his hands to his sides, he bent into a 90 degree bow. (y/n) jumped back in surprise and Kenma only rolled his eyes. 

"(l/n), Kozume. I'm sorry for waiting so long to do this but, I apologize for my actions last year. I really had no right to do what I did. I'm sorry for making assumptions and acting out of hand. It was foolish and wrong and I apologize for making a scene and exposing your relationship to the rest of the class. You don't have to forgive me, but I just wanted you to know that I deeply regret doing that." Morioka stayed bent over even after his apology.