Extra 2 || Late Night Talks

(takes place between chapters 5 and 6) 

(y/n) tossed and turned, kicking off her blanket as she let out a low groan. It was too hot, she couldn't sleep. Pancakes' ears perked up at her movement, crawling over to his owner and rubbing his nose against her cheek. 

The girl let out a sigh. Sitting up, she slipped on her slippers and slowly opened the door, careful not to make too much noise since the coaches were in the room across from her's. 

She silently tiptoed toward the kitchen, Pancakes trailing not too far behind her. Once she was sure she was a safe distance from the rooms, (y/n) began to walk normally, her slippers dragging softly against the hardwood floor of the inn. 

Glass in hand, (y/n) wordlessly filled her cup. Pulling out a chair and using her arms as a cushion, (y/n) rested her head on the table. 

Pancakes hopped onto the table to join her, relaxing as his owner pet his fur. 

"Pancakes," She mumbled. "What do I do?"

"(y/n)?" 

(y/n) flinched, knocking over the glass in the process, spilling its contents all over the table. Kenma cringed at the loud 'clank' sound as it hit the table. He hurriedly grabbed some paper towels, handing a couple to (y/n). 

"Sorry," He said as he bunched the wet paper towels up into a ball. "I didn't think I'd scare you that much." 

(y/n) shook her head. "It's okay." 

Kenma wordlessly picked up the glass and refilled it with water, holding it out towards the girl as he took a seat in front of her. She took the glass from him, offering a small 'thank you' as she brought it to her lips. 

"Why are you still awake?" She asked, placing the glass down on the table, careful to keep it away from the edge. 

Kenma raised an eyebrow. "I can ask you the same thing." 

(y/n) pressed her cheek against the palm of her hand. "Couldn't sleep." 

"Ah, me too," Kenma hummed. 

Pancakes meowed and shuffled closer to Kenma, the male immediately petting the cat. (y/n) let out a soft laugh as she watched the two. 

"Pancakes really does like you," She giggled, covering her mouth with her hand. "I'm a bit jealous." 

"You don't have to be jealous cause I like you more," Kenma muttered under his breath. 

"Hmm?" (y/n) hummed, missing what the male said since she was laughing. "What'd you say." 

Kenma shook his head. "It's nothing." 

(y/n) left it at that, figuring it would do no good to bother the male if he wasn't willing to repeat it the first time. 

The two sat in a comfortable silence, only hearing the sound of Pancakes' purring and their quiet breathing. (y/n) let out a yawn, resting her head back on the table as she continued to watch the two, Kenma's attention focused on the cat in front of him. 

She let out another yawn, Kenma's eyes flickering up to her face at the sound. "You should sleep, (y/n)." 

(y/n) hummed in response as her eyes trailed upwards to meet Kenma's. She paused. His face glowed as the moonlight shone through the window and hit his skin, bringing out the details and flakes of gold in his cat-like eyes. 

"I'm tired but," (y/n) breathed out. "I don't think I'll be able to fall asleep." 

Kenma nodded reluctantly in response, wanting the girl to get some rest but also fully understanding how upsetting it was to not fall asleep. After all, that's the reason why he was there. 

The conversation died down again. Kenma continued to focus on Pancakes and (y/n) once again silently watched the two.

She felt another yawn coming but held it in, knowing that Kenma would only tell her to sleep again. At this point, she was just being stubborn. (y/n) was fighting hard to keep sleep away but it was no use. Her eyes fluttered as her eyelids started getting heavy. Holding back a yawn, (y/n) silently bit the inside of her cheek as an attempt to stay awake. 

She didn't want to sleep now. It was one of the rare time her and Kenma were alone together. It was strange, but (y/n) couldn't say that she disliked it. She never felt awkward or insecure, just safe and comfortable. 

(y/n) unintentionally let a yawn slip past her lips. 

"(y/n)," Kenma huffed, smiling and he rose an eyebrow. "I'll walk you to your room." 

(y/n) pouted but stood up from her seat, Pancakes perking up as she did so. He stretched and hopped off the table, walking to his owner's side. "No fair Kenma, you're not giving me a choice." 

The pudding haired boy shook his head. Making his way next to the girl, the two silently walked down the hallway, careful not to make any noise. 

"Thank you for walking me to my room," (y/n) whispered as they reached her door. Kenma nodded. 

"Yeah, goodnight (y/n)." He said and began to walk away. 

"Kenma," (y/n) found his name rolling off her tongue before she could even think. Said boy stopped and turned around. "Yes?" 

The two made eye contact. (y/n) fidgeted, at a loss for words. Kenma wordlessly stared back. 

(y/n) shook her head, a small smile on her face. 

"It's nothing, goodnight." 

(y/n) slipped into her room, not waiting for a response. She plopped down into her futon with a sigh, pulling the blankets over her head in embarrassment. Pancakes meowed, pawing at his owner's head. 

"What am I going to do Pancakes?" (y/n) asked, covering her face with her hands. "I think I'm catching feelings." 

Little did she know that Kenma starting to feel the same way.

___ 

Hello everyone how have you been? I miss you guys and I also miss writing. I wanted to get the extras out faster but I've been busy with school. Oh also, I only have 5 extras planned so there will be three more. 

I'm going to get rid of my little commentaries at the end of each chapter, but I'll leave the thank you's because I really do want to thank you guys. Please don't be too alarmed when you get notifications about me 'updating' the chapters when I get rid of those. 

I hope you are all doing well, and good luck to those students who have recently started the new school year.