Chapter 3 || Volleyball Club

The bell echoed throughout the halls, signifying the end of school. The students rushed to pack their belongings, eager to head home or run to their clubs. (y/n) was amongst the few who packed up slowly. It has been four weeks since school started and she has yet to join a club. She was hoping there was a home economics club, but sadly the school didn't have one. She thought of starting her own club, a baking club, but she believed that she wasn't fit to handle such a responsibility. 

(y/n) turned her phone on to text her parents, only to see she already received a text from them. She sighed as she read its contents. She was planning on heading over to the bakery to help out, but it seems like her parents have been stopping her from doing so ever since she started school. They told her to have fun and "experience that high school life."

"(l/n)~" Said girl looked up to see the bed-headed male standing in front of her desk along side his childhood friend. "Wanna come watch us practice?"

(y/n) opened her mouth to say yes but immediately bit back her response. She hasn't seen any of their team members since the misunderstanding from the other day and she didn't know if it'd be too awkward if she watched. She didn't want to be a bother and disrupt them again. "I won't be bothering you guys?" She asked hesitantly.

Kuroo shook his head, pulling his pudding haired friend to his side. Class ended just a couple of minutes ago and he already had his nose buried in his gaming console. "Of course not! Right Kenma?"

"Hm."

"See, he agrees. Let's go, (l/n)." (y/n) sweat dropped as she followed the two to the gym. Kuroo's nonchalant and 'go with the flow' attitude catches her off guard at times. She wondered if the teen even asked their coach if she could watch. She glanced up at Kenma and wanted to ask what he though but his eyes were glued to the screen and (y/n) didn't think he'd hear her if she asked.

The (h/c) girl gulped as she separated from the boys and stepped into the gym. She breathed a sigh of relief as she saw that it was empty, save for the two adult males who were conversing in the corner. The older male spotted her and waved her over with a smile. (y/n) nervously shuffled her way over there, picking on the strap of her bag.

"You're the young lady from Monday." (y/n) felt her cheeks flush and covered her face with her hands. She mustered up the courage to speak and with a slight bow she muttered, " I'm really sorry for disrupting practice."

Nekomata-sensei and Coach Naoi laughed. They could almost feel the embarrassment rolling off of her. Truth be told they didn't blame her for what happened. While she was involved in the events that led to the interruption, it was Yamamoto who made a scene. (y/n) straightened herself up and tucked a piece of hair behind her ear, her face still slightly warm. Nekomata-sensei offered her a closed eyed smile. "No need to worry. What brought you here today?"

(y/n) smiled back, hoping to get on their good side. She didn't make the best first impression, although it could've been worse if she chose to wait a couple of days before talking to Kenma. Who knows what kind of events would've transpired if she chose to wait. "Kuroo-san invited me to watch practice today. Is it ok if I stay?"

"Of course," Coach Naoi inquired, "you can sit at the benches over there. We'll join you shortly."

(y/n) uttered a small 'thank you' and made her way to the benches. Pulling out her phone, she texted her parents to tell them she'll be coming to the bakery late. Her phone beeped not even a minute later, her mother sending a simple thumbs up as a reply.

(y/n) bounced her leg as she waiting for the team to enter the gym. She was thankful that some of the calmer members came in first. A short, light haired male was the first one. His eyes widened when he saw her, most likely recognizing her from the other day, and offered a small wave to which (y/n) returned. The second one was a tanned male who only flashed her a smile when he walked in. (y/n) grinned back, but with how nervous she was she didn't know if it looked like more of a cringe instead. She wasn't so lucky when the third person came in. The hot-headed male didn't notice her at first and started stretching before the others came. Although, he spotted her not long after and yelled in surprise. The short male face palmed as his energetic teammate freaked out.