0.6

m i c h a e l

I hate Mondays.

I threw my history book into my bag when the last class finally ended. I let out a groan and whispered 'Thank God' to myself while packing my school things.

The history class wasn't bad today, the only problem was when Mr. Trainor said, 'Sorry class, I haven't corrected your tests yet. You know, I have a lot of students.' This has to be the teacher's sentence I hate the most.

"Oh good to see you alone Michael, I wanted to talk with you anyways."

Looking up I saw Mr.Trainor standing next to me with some papers in his hands. I realized I was the last one who was still in class, organizing my bag like a slow animal.

"Uh, you wanted to? About what sir?" I asked frowning.

"About your test young man." he answered playfully.

"I thought you weren't done with the tests yet." I said zipping my backpack.

"Well let's say I was curious to see how you went, so I corrected your test. Only yours though." Mr. Trainor said handing me the paper which may be my test. I turned the pages around and saw a big C+ written on it. My eyes widened and my jaw dropped.

"You did pretty well at this test. Even with that battlefield answer, I liked it." my teacher said laughing. "What is it? You decided to study now, or maybe extras classes?"

"Actually it's a tutor, you may know him. Ashton Irwin? We studied together." I told him still surprised.

"Ashton? He really is an amazing student. Well so why won't you go ahead and tell him! Just keep going like this Michael!" Mr.Trainor said waving me a goodbye.

I left the room and went to my locker grabbing and letting things in there. Then I heard that soft and contagious laugh. I turned to the left only to see Ashton grinning like always.

"Hi Michael! How you doing?" he asked casually.

"Awesome."

"Oh that's great, may I know why?"

"Oh don't worry, no big deal. It's not like I had a C+ on my history test which you helped me with." I said smirking.

"Really?! Oh my God that's so good!" he exclaimed throwing his arms around my neck and hugging me tightly.

"I know right! Thanks Ashton, I own you one." I said excitedly. "Hey, do you wanna go lunch with me?"

"Yes of cou-oh no wait... Actually I have a date to go." Ashton said letting go of me and pouting.

"A d-date? Like boyfriend and girlfriend thing?" I asked him, who only nodded shyly. "I didn't know you had a girlfriend."

"Oh no, she isn't my girlfriend, yet. It's out first date today, maybe things will change. " he said smirking and blushing a bit. "Well, I'm sorry Mikey but I got to go! Talk to you later!"

With that, Ashton ran through the empty hall leaving me all alone with a weird feeling settling in my stomach. I closed my locker sighing and dragged myself out of school.

I was feeling down only because Ashton had that stupid date, it's not like I was jealous though. I was just disappointed with the fact that he can't have lunch with me. After I stopped at an old bakery next to our school, I decided to take the long way home listening to Taylor Swift's heartbreaking and clichés songs.

Suddlenly, I had the feeling someone was following me again. I turned around but nobody was there, only a black car on the road. My eyes widened when I realized the car was really slow next to me. I tried to act normal and walk a little faster but the car would still follow me.

"Michael!" I froze and stopped walking.

The car stopped right next to me, but now with the car's window lowered. I couldn't control my curiosity so I looked to the right side. All the fear that I was feeling turned into anger when I saw a specific blond quiff.

"Are you fucking kidding me? I thought someone wanted to kidnap me!" I yelled to the driver, also known as Luke Hemmings.

"No, no. I was, eh, going to ask if you want a ride home." he said awkwardly scratching the back of his neck.

"Wow did you even hear what you just said?" I said walking away.

"Ugh Michael wait! Just look at the sky." he replied pissed pointing upwards.

I looked up and saw how the sky was turning into a dark blue and grey color. Great, a storm is coming right now. I closed my eyes and counted to 10, it may be a stupid idea but I was already going around the car and entering it.

"If you try to kill me Luke Hemmings, I swear I wil-"

"For God sakes Michael! It's only a freaking ride." He yelled slamming his fits against the steering wheel.

I snorted and laid my head in the window. I chuckled sightly looking around, Luke's car was still the same, with rests of food and thousands of CDs and hoodies on the back.

"What are you laughing at?" Luke asked angry.

"Chill, I was just noticing how you are still so a messy." I replied smirking.

"Do me a favor, and shut the hell up."

"Oh please, it's not like I'm lying." I said ironically.

Luke was red and rolling his eyes the whole time but he stayed quiet till we arrived home. Since it was raining a lot, Luke left me in front of my house and handed me an umbrella. I sent him a weird look and shook my head, sometimes he can be really bipolar.

I put my hood up and shut the door without saying goodbye. I entered the house only to be welcomed by my mom complaining that I was getting everything wet. I rolled my eyes and controlled myself not to give her the middle finger.

I went upstairs and walked straight to my bathroom taking a shower. I stayed at least 1 hour under the warm water thinking about everything.

*

Having dinner with my parents is the most weirdest thing ever. We won't speak a world till my father starts a conversation, but until that, we just looked at each other in silent.

"Any news?" Thank God, my dad knows how to speak.

"Actually I do." I said shyly finishing my broccoli.

"Well, say it."

"I had a C+ on my history test!"

"And you think is this good?" My dad asked.

"Well, the last test I got a F, so I think this is pretty good yeah." I replied proud of my grade.

"You're right! That's really good, congratulations!" My mom said smiling.

"I don't think so, you could have gone better. This is not enough." My dad said, making me mad.

"Uh, if you guys don't mind, I'm going upstairs I'm not hungry anymore." I said sounding sad and left the kitchen.

I jumped into my bed and hugged my pillow imaging it was Ashton's body. I fell asleep pissed that night, thinking about how much I hate Mondays.

***

hola people!

so so so happy bc 1,5k readers and 100 votes!

thanks thanks (-:

so new update and don't forget to vote and comment.

bye bye 👋