1.1

m i c h a e l 

I, Michael Clifford, frankly hate school.

Why should I care that I got a B+ in my last math test, if I'll never really need fraction in my life?

If you ask me what I most enjoy about school, the answer will probably be the bell which means the class is finally over or the donuts which they sell on Fridays.

I literally throw my books in my locker imagining when I'd be finally able burn them.

You could say I was having a terrible day today, and well reason? First, it's been a week since Ashton and me last talked and second, someone stole my favorite purple pen.

"Stupid thief of purple pens." I mumbled to myself and zipped up my bag.

All of a sudden, my locker door was slammed shut almost ripping out my fingers. I gasped and cursed quietly to who ever did this.

"Hello Mikey!" I heard the almost-finger-murder say. I didn't have to think much to realize who it was.

"Calum!" I exclaimed sarcastic. I turned my head and noticed that he wasn't alone, Luke was standing right next to him awkwardly staring at his feet.

"Hey Luke." I said getting the shy boy attention who greeted me with a small smile.

"I was thinking about us three having lunch at that new Japanese restaurant! Everyone is saying it's amazing, so what do you think?" Calum suggested happily but only got some odd looks as response.

"Uhm, I don't know Cal, I mean I have things to do?" Luke answered but we both knew he was lying.

"Oh really like what?" Calum asked raising his eyebrow at the blonde boy who stayed mute.

"Cal, I'm sorry but I think it's better if we don't, maybe anot-"

"No, not another time! I'm tired of this! I'm trying my best here ok? So please." Calum interrupted me raising his voice a bit and looking at us before he added. "I'll pay for you two."

"Okay, let's go." Luke said surprising me.

"What?" I asked him with my eyes wide open.

"C'mon Michael! For Calum." He whispered the last part and all I did was nod slowly.

"Great! Let's go!" Cal exclaimed intertwining our arms.

*

After we finally made our orders, it got silent and really awkward. The only thing we could hear was the conversations from the other tables and our own breaths.

"Here you go! Three cool cokes for three cool guys!" The waitress said smirking while handing us our drinks. Soon as she left, we all bursted out laughing about what she said.

"So cheers for this three cool guys with their cool cokes?" Calum mocked her chuckling and raising his glass.

"Hell yeah!" Luke and I said at the same time and we couldn't help but blush a bit.

When our plates finally arrived, we attacked the food which was incredibly delicious. We also began some small talks about school and tried to act like friends again.

Not much later, we finished and Calum payed for us. I felt bad for him because the bill was kinda expensive.

Since Luke drove us all here, he offered a ride back home which we both accepted. I wasn't trying to be friends with him again, I couldn't hate him forever though.

While he was driving through the streets of Sydney, the radio announced a new song from Fall Out Boy which we all cheered and sang along to. Unfortunately, the way to Calums house was short and soon he went away leaving Luke and I alone in the car.

Luke turned the song down and it got awkward again. He cleared his throat at least seven times and only spoke when we arrived at our street.

"M-Michael, do you mind if we ta-talk right now?" He asked nervous playing with his lip ring.

"Eh, sure. About what?" I asked not knowing what he wanted.

"About, eh, about what I did." He finally said and parked his car in front of his house. "Do you wanna come in?"

"Uh, can't you say it here?" I asked not really wanting to go in.

"Please?" He asked again this time staring at me with his big blue eyes.

"Alright, let's go."

When we got into his house, we were welcomed by Liz smiling but all Luke did was pull me straight to his room.

After years, his room was, of course, different. There were lots of photos on his walls and his bed was covered with a Ninja Turtle blanket.

I walked over to the wall with all the photos and saw that most of them were from years ago. Which means, most of the them were with me and Calum. I remembered Liz wouldn't stop taking pictures of us saying we'd see them one day in the future and wish those days were back.

"I miss this." I mumbled taking a photo from the wall on which our faces were covered with cake.

"Yeah, I miss that day." He spoke making me jump, I didn't realize he was right behind me. "I also miss my best friend." Luke whispered the last part staring at me.

"Well, you were the one who ended our friendship." I answered him looking down but shot my head up quickly when I felt two hands grab my shoulders.

"I know. And I finally realized what I did was totally stupid. I'm sorry Michael. I truly am." Luke said again not letting go of me.

"Just why? Why did you do that?" I whispered-asked him.

"I just, I was mad okay? I got mad because I was the last one you told it. I thought I didn't mean anything to you and that you didn't trust me, and all I felt that day was anger. So the next day at school, I told everyone your secret as payback."

"Of course." I said rolling my eyes and taking his hands off me.

"No listen to me Michael! After that day, I felt really bad and I was going to apologize. But then, I started getting noticed at school. People really knew who I was, and this was all I ever wanted. So I kept calling you names, and I got more popular." Luke said running his hands through his hair nervously.

"You are such a jerk! You chose popularity over me!" I snapped at him angry.

"I'm sorry Michael, please believe me now when I say I regret everything I did. I need to listen to your silly jokes again, I want to watch movies with you and end up cuddling, I want you by my side again." Luke said almost crying. "I just want my best friend back."

"I-I need to think." I answered simply.

"I understand if you don't want my friendship again, but please, at least forgive Cal okay? He never meant to hurt you, it was me the whole time convincing him. Oh my god, I'm a monster. I'm so sorry Mikey." Luke started sobbing the moment he finished.

My heart broke watching that scene. The blonde boy was now sitting on the bed whispering thousands of 'Sorry' with his face in his hands. I took a deep breath and hesitated before walking and sitting down next to Luke. He didn't notice I moved closer to him until I wrapped my arms tightly around his shaking body.

"I said I'll think, didn't I? This already means something. Alright?" I asked the boy who wasn't crying anymore. I felt him slightly nodding and I realized it was time to go so I let go.

"See you tomorrow." I said and walked to the door but before I left, I turned around and said, "Bye Lukey."

*****

whatssss up!

no ashton this chap! sorry ;(

!NEWS! I have a new story (lashton au) coming soon, so go stalk my profile right now.

Michael forgives Luke or...?

thanks for 5k!! ❤️

byeeeee / •.....• ana