Chapter 17

Benny's POV

I patiently waited for June to arrive. She was coming over today. We were going to watch a movie. We were going to watch a horror movie. I know that sounds like a joke, but it isn't. June was actually going to watch a horror movie. We were trying to get her to hate them a little less. The only way to do that was to watch a bunch of horror movies. Luckily, June was okay watching them if I was there.

I decided to tell Avery about June and I. She deserves to know.
"Hey Avery, June is coming over soon," I said.
"Sounds good," she smiled. That smile very quickly turned into a smirk.
"You don't need to smirk anymore," I chuckled.
"Why?" Avery cocked her head to the side.
"June is my girlfriend now," I said.
"Finally!" Avery was more excited than the guys were. She smiled ear to ear. "I don't know why it took you two kids so long to get together."
Avery and I talked until June knocked on the door. I opened it and let her in. I also prepared myself for all the jokes Avery was going to make. She had a lot of material to work with. June being my girlfriend was enough, but she was also wearing my baseball jersey. She did that before we started dating but now it has more significance because we are together.

Avery greeted June and her eyes immediately went to June's shirt. Well, my shirt. I gave her a look that conveyed something along the lines of "stop looking at the jersey because you're embarrassing me." The look worked and Avery immediately returned to small talk.

June and I sat down and got ready to watch the movie. I had to ask her a very important and serious question before we did anything though.
"Before we watch the movie, I need to ask you something," I made sure June was listening, "What happened with your dad? We haven't had a chance to talk about it."
"Well, things aren't bad but they aren't good either," she said.
"What do you mean?" I asked.
"He doesn't remember what he tried to do. I haven't said anything because I don't want to make our relationship worse than it already is," she explained.
"What if he tries to hit you again?" I was concerned for her safety.
"Then I'll tell my mom about it," she said.
I nodded. "Please tell me if anything happens, okay?"
"Of course," she squeezed my hand. "Oh and one more thing! Nancy..Nancy is leaving next week," she added.
"What? I thought she was supposed to stay the entire summer," that's exactly what June said when she told us that Nancy was coming in the first place. 
"Me too, but apparently when my Aunt Denise says the whole summer she means only the first two months," she seemed a little upset. I don't blame her, her cousin is leaving town a month earlier than she should.
"That sucks," I said.
"I know, I'm going to miss her," she replied. "At least I have you and the rest of the guys."
"We are always here for you," I smiled. "Now are you ready to watch this movie?"
June sighed. "If I'm being honest, not really." I laughed and set up the movie.

Author's Note: Chapter 17!! This chapter is probably the worst chapter in this fanfic. It's just tying up lose ends before the fanfic ends. The next chapter will be the last one!!! I know, I can't believe it either.
I hope you enjoyed this chapter! 😊❤️
Like always, I proofread but if you find any typos please let me know! 👍