𝑺𝑻𝑹𝑰𝑲𝑯𝑬𝑫𝑶𝑵𝑰𝑨 ✈︎ ᴋ. ʜᴏsʜɪᴜᴍɪ

--- WHAT HAD BEGAN AS A BORING DAY FOR KOURAI QUICKLY BECAME INTERESTING

--- WHAT HAD BEGAN AS A BORING DAY FOR KOURAI QUICKLY BECAME INTERESTING . it truly wasn ' t something special - more so some one . a guy , to be exact . they were from the schools ' s track and field team , and it just so happened to be y/n . now , you may be wondering how a broad - winged seagull like hoshiumi met a strong - legged antelope like y/n . truth is ? they ' ve known eachother for quite a while . they just never spoke . never shared a word with eachother for some - peculiar reason .

that reason ? was unknown to the two of them but it seemed as if the whole world knew why .

it all started as a normal day and with the beginning of hoshiumi ' s workout . he had arrived a bit late so he was running with alone , huffing a bit in annoyance . he closed his grassy coloured eyes , sighing and tilting his head back whilst releasing an audible groan . his little session of mumbling was interuppted when he collided into something - someone more like it . the white - haired male stumbled back before a pair of arms wrapped around him and tugged him back into an upright position , ultimately saving him from a harsh concrete collison . the shorter male opened his eyes to see whoever he had bumped into , eyebrows furrowing as he glared up at the taller male .

" wa- " " are you okay ? " hoshiumi was quickly cut off by the concerned voice of y/n , whos wide eyes were focused on hoshiumi rather than checking himself for a bruise . the seagull - like male was frozen , his head tilting to the side before he resumed his intense glaring . " i ' m fine . " he responded after a moment , crossing his arms .

" didn ' t volleyball already do their run ? why are you out here alone ? it ' s pretty dangerous , hoshiumi . . . " y/n trailed , his e/c eyes drifting around before refocusing on the volleyball player infront of him . " i was late and i can protect myself ! " hoshiumi bounced from foot to foot , still wearing an annoyed expression . " i wasn ' t saying you couldn ' t , bird - brain . i was just warning you . " y/n let out a laugh of amusement , a grin settling onto their face . " anyways . . let ' s run together ! " hoshiumi raised a brow at this , contemplating his options before nodding . " i ' m pretty fast . " hoshiumi hummed with a proud smirk .

" uhuh . . then we ' ll race ! first one back wins and whoever loses has to buy the winner lunch . " the track - runner declared with a sly grin , staring intently down at the male .

" fine ! i hope you aren ' t broke . "
" as if i ' m gonna lose ! "
" you are so gonna lose . " hoshiumi scoffed .

" sure i will . " the other male responded with a roll of his eyes. " ready ? " he got down slightly , his legs tensing as he assumed position .

" set . " hoshiumi positioned himself beside him , focusing .

" go ! " a stranger called from the street , and the two boys glanced to the deep - voiced male before taking off . they both had a hunger for winning - and a need for speed . they both had something to prove ' i ' m faster . ' at the moment , y/n simply kept pace with hoshiumi - though it was a kind of a struggle to adjust to it . they rounded a corner , whereas hoshiumi slowed down and y/n sped up , using the corner to slingshot himself forward . throwing the other male a wink , y/n smirked slyly and went back to focusing his attention on what was infront of him .