Calm Before the Storm

Maya could tell that her Dad was concerned over what was happening in Seattle. She was as well. There was no way that so soon after the Volturi and Victoria that this was a coincidence. Maya kept her comments to herself and merely kept on cooking dinner of stuffed peppers with meat-lover ones for her and her dad and veggie style for Bella.

 Maya kept her comments to herself and merely kept on cooking dinner of stuffed peppers with meat-lover ones for her and her dad and veggie style for Bella

"Four o'clock on the dot. Does he have a stopwatch or something?" Charlie asked sarcastically "He has a name. And now he's too punctual for you?" Bella said as she started up the stairs  "Wait a sec, will you? Sit down." Charlie called making Bella pause then move beside him him where Maya and he sat on the couch 

"Okay... You understand why you're being punished, right?" Charlie asked 

"I know, I put you through hell." Bella said with a slight roll

"Yes, you did. But I have other reasons, for grounding you. Like... I just want you to get some separation from him." Charlie said  

"Dad, there is nothing you can say. Edward is in my life." Bella said as if Charlie didn't have good reason to want Edward gone

"Please remember Bella that for the better part of the year, you were on suicide watch and in a depression so strong that just the idea of Edward brought you to tears. We were the ones here for all of that train wreck and Dad has a right to be concerned with how you just simply took him back." Maya said   

" Yeah, I'm gathering that Edward and you are going to be staying together. So, alright. How about this? I'll make you a deal. You're not grounded anymore, if... You use your new found freedom... ... to see some of your other friends too, Like... Like Jacob." Charlie said 

Bella darkens; a painful subject. Charlie and Maya noted this for two different reasons. Maya's reasoning was because they never told Charlie the whole truth so he believes that Jacob is falling apart over Bella because he likes her where Maya knows it is because Jacob is having an issue with he cannot save Bella from her own choices. 

"He's going through a really tough time right now, His Dad's really worried about him." Charlie said trying to guilt trip Bella

"I remember when that was you. You needed a friend, Jake was there." Charlie said 

Maya could see Bella was going to say yes simply to get out of the grounding. Maya knew that Jacob was going to have to snap out of this depression soon so once Bella went to her room Maya said goodbye to Charlie and went to Jacob's. Jacob was working on his Rabbit in the garage but when Maya went in he noticed her and gave a huge smile just for her. Maya loved it. Jacob came and hugged her before she went and sat on the couch while he worked. Maya told him of the talk with Charlie and Bella and he tensed.
"Jacob, I need you to tell me what I can do to make this better for you. I've accepted Bella's decision. There is nothing I can do to save her from this. She is choosing that bloodsucking bastard and there is nothing either of us can do about it." Maya said plainly
Jacob slowly turned to Maya before sitting on the couch beside her. She grasped his stained hand hard. Maya silently begged him to let this depression go.
"I don't want you to hate me when her decision leads to a bad ending." Jacob said grimly and so devastated
"I could never hate you, Jacob. That is like telling me to hate breathing. Bella is going into this with the full knowledge of the consequences. I've told this to her many times. I know how badly this could end but in the end so does she." Maya said before hugging Jacob
Jacob hugged Maya back feeling that large weight that was on his shoulders lighten. For the next few months Bella and Maya went to school like normal. Graduation was coming up soon. They had to be ready. The graduation was a full house and a booming success. Jessica gave her valedictorian speech. It was pretty good.
"When we were five, they asked us what we wanted to be when we grew up. Our answers were things like, Astronaut, President or in my case, a Princess. When we were ten, they asked again.  We answered rock star, cowboy or in my case, a gold medalist. But now that we’ve grown up, they wanted a serious answer. Well, how about this - who the hell knows? This isn’t the time to make hard and fast decisions, this is the time to make mistakes. Take the wrong train and get stuck somewhere. Fall in love – a lot. Major in Philosophy because there is no way to make a career out of that. Change your mind and change it again because nothing’s permanent. So make as many mistakes as you can. That way someday when they asked what we wanna be, we won’t have to guess – we’ll know."
Alice decided to try another party. Maya watched as they tried to talk Alice out of it she even went so far as to hand me an invitation in front of  Charlie  who now is forcing her to go. Charlie worried that the only friends Maya had were the La Push boys and Leah. She had no girl friends to his knowledge. He hoped that since Bella was friends with the Cullens then she could get a couple girl friends out of the Cullens, no matter how much he hated Edward. Maya was beyond upset. She drove into the woods where she set up an obstacle course for her to train on. It helped burn some stress while helping her train.
Maya had moving targets swinging from the trees that Maya hit with her arrows. Maya used the Earth element to give herself rough terrain to force her body to react to her instincts more quickly and efficiently. Maya then used the Wind element to glide me through the trees as booby traps that she had set up previously shot things at her. She didn't notice that she had an audience. Both the wolves and vampires watched as this petite girl danced through a course that if weaponized could easily kill her as is she could easily injure herself but there was something bothering them. They could see things busting open and breaking but they couldn't hear it. Jacob watched as she threw her bow into the air and then pulled out large daggers that she threw 100 meters away which made the targets lift and move. The bow fell neatly in Maya's hands and shooting three arrows at the same time hit the bullseye of both moving targets. The vampires and wolves stared stunned especially when Rosalie got a closer look.
"She has ear plugs in. She did all that while deaf." Rosalie said deeply impressed with the human
Maya took the ear plugs out but took aim when she heard them behind her.
"Whoah down warrior princess!" Emmett exclaimed
Maya lowered slightly but not completely disarmed.
"What are you doing here? Who's watching Bella?" Maya said as she went to pack her stuff
"Are you really going to act like none of that happened?" Alice said her voice raising
"I don't owe you anything especially you." Maya said coldly until she saw the wolves
They all stared at her with awe and slight fear. Maya flinched slightly and began walking back.
"Please. This is obviously bothering you. I am still your beat friend so let me help you with this." Jacob said still staring at her
Maya stood there staring back into his eyes searching. She needed to have someone with her on this, someone she could discuss how she feared the position she was in.
"Fine, but don't interrupt because I'm only going through this once and no one is to tell Bella." Maya said
"How about we take this to our house then? I have a feeling Carlisle will need to hear about this." Jasper said and we all began to get ready.
I climbed onto the wolves back while the vampires ran