oikawa tooru | ⛈

Start from the beginning

"Wait, no!" He turned his head at his girlfriend's voice, watching as she laughed and chased after another boy. Brows twisted in jealousy, he sweetly excused himself before following after her. The boy held a stack of posters, some of them flying out of his grasp as he ran from the h/c haired girl.

"Okay, okay. Seriously, hand me the posters," She stopped, setting her hands on her knees as she let out a small breath. The two talked a bit more as he handed her some of the posters, a big grin plastered on his face before he left to put them up elsewhere. Amused, Y/n shook her head, briefly looking over her shoulder as her eyes met with Oikawa's.

They stared at each other wordlessly for a second and it was hard to tell who looked away first, but as soon as Oikawa blinked, she was already down the hallway.

Maybe I'm the one that we should blame
For never thinking we'd end up this way
I don't need answers I need you to stay, stay

"Y/n-chan," He said softly, watching as the girl stopped. She was just a few feet away from him, but she felt so far ahead. His eyes landed on her back, realizing she wasn't even going to bother to turn around to look at him. "Are we okay?" The girl stiffened, fists clenching briefly before she let out a tired sigh.

"I don't know, Tooru."

The brunet's breath hitched. It felt like someone had simultaneously squeezed his lungs and then released them, only to pop them like a balloon. "I didn't think we would—" He started, but she had already cut him off. "—I know, Tooru. It's not your fault," Her sentences were soft and brief, as if she already wanted out of this conversation.

"So, are we—"

"—I have to go home now, Tooru."

"Oh, right," His heart shattered as he let out a baited breath, watching as the love of his life took slow steps away from him.

Please don't let this love die young
If I'm gonna lose someone
Don't let it be you

He peeked into the driveway, seeing a car he didn't recognize. Squinting, he watched as an older man embraced his girlfriend happily. After staring for a while, he realized who it was. Y/n's dad is back and she didn't tell me? He had met her parents before; curtosy of her living near his best friend, but her dad was always working in the states.

Now, he was back and she never told him? "Something up?" Iwaizumi said, holding a bowl of popcorn as he raised a brow at Oikawa. When Oikawa had asked him to hang out, he didn't think it was so he could look into his girlfriend's driveway. "Are you done staring like a creep, Shittykawa?" The brunet jolted, glaring playfully at Iwaizumi.

"You're so mean!"

"Shut up."

Please don't let this love die young
If I'm gonna love someone
Then let it be you

He stared at her, letting the words slip passed his lips. "I love you." She was caught offguard, flinching in her seat at the sudden voice. Slowly turning her head, Y/n's eyes landed on Oikawa's. Although she had reciprocated verbally, he had seen the curl of her fingers and the slight inhale she took before it.

His heart swelled at her words, but shattered at her actions.

In my dreams we're growing older
But I wake up to the truth
That I'm scared we're gonna lose
Tell me it won't happen

He sat up, sweat coating his forehead as heavy pants left his lips. His teal shirt felt clingy all of a sudden as he quickly tore it off, tossing it off his bed before flopping down to cuddle into the covers of his bed. He had watched that nightmare so many times; it used to be a daydream of him marrying Y/n and eventually growing old with her, but now it was scary.