|><| Chapter Seven: What Now?

Start from the beginning

"Uh..." Changkyun paused for awhile contemplating his answer. Yes, his house is quite far from here. If he say that it was will Mr. Chae drive him home? That's absurd though. Mr. Chae is his teacher, it'll be inappropriate in the eyes of other people.. Rumors can spread as well. But him being inside Mr. Chae's house is just the same though.
"It's a little far... But I can manage" He decided to say.

Just as those words left his mouth a flash of lightning lit up the sky followed by a loud sound of thunder. None of them even manage to let out another word as the harsh rain started to fall out of nowhere.

Hyungwon frowned and quickly went to close the window, looking outside for the last time. "Ah it rained... Maybe you should stay until the rain pass by" He offered, making Changkyun to almost nod eagerly. Gladly, he surpassed the idiotic urge to do so. "If the rain doesn't stop for an hour then... then I guess I'll have to take you home?" Hyungwon himself sounded like he wasn't sure of his offer making Changkyun bit the inside of his cheek. He wished the teacher would drive him home but at the same time he doesn't.

Hyungwon is probably thinking how inappropriate it will look for him to drive a student home, specially at night. Even if there's nothing going on, people talk and rumors spread quick. It can ruin Hyungwon's reputation as a teacher.

" My car's not here though... ? " Hyungwon ended up saying giving his head an awkward scratch. Changkyun couldn't keep a straight face and just give off a small smile thinking just how cute his Literature teacher is. Guess Mr. Chae wasn't even thinking about the things that's worrying Changkyun.

" If It doesn't stop for an hour then I can just sleepover at Jackson's" Changkyun told him. Hyungwon gave a nod agreeing to his solution.

"Well, why don't you join me for dinner then." Hyungwon says as he quickly went to the kitchen, Changkyun was about decline out of shyness but found himself not saying anything and just following his teacher at the kitchen.

"I can't cook and Kihyun didn't leave anything here..." Hyungwon says sheepishly at his student. "Is instant ramen okay?"

"It's fine sir" Changkyun says politely.

Changkyun stayed there for quite awhile as the rain heavily pour outside. Him and Mr. Chae talked about school stuff the whole time. It was awkward for Changkyun at first as he never really talk that much, whether with his teacher or to anyone in general. Unless it's with Jooheon and now, Jackson as well. Mr. Cahe on the other hand, seems to be the opposite. He's a calm person, and despite the fact that he himself doesn't talk that much as well he didn't find Changkyun's presence uncomfortable.

The conversation between them are casual but somehow it still held the thick air of Hyungwon's professionalism. The teacher and student relationship is still very evident on the way Changkyun refer to him as Sir or Mr. Chae and on the way Hyungwon would address him by his family name.

"It's a bit late" Hyungwon says looking out of the window again, the rain is still pouring hard and there were occasional lightning and thunder grumbling up the sky. Looking down at his wristwatch he saw that it was around 9 o'clock already, Changkyun had been there for more than 3 hours. Both of them didn't noticed.
"I don't think it'll be stopping soon. It'll be too dangerous to go home"

" I think I should just go to Jackson's sir" Changkyun said standing up and setting his hot chocolate that Hyungwon had prepared for him on the coffee table.

Hyungwon walked him to the entrance door, bidding him goodbye, thanking the student for his help awhile ago. Changkyun gave him a polite bow before turning around to walk away.

He let out a breath and let go of his tense shoulders the moment he heard the door closed softly. He leisurely walked down the hallway he didn't plan on sleeping over Jackson's but at the rate of the heavy rain outside and thunderstorms, he would have to.