Emma could see by my face I didn’t want to talk about it, she dropped the conversation saying. “I’m going to get the rest of the clan so we can go, but we will talk about this later.” She left the room in one swift movement. I realised that today was the day we had our big mission. I jumped in the shower washing away all the thoughts that were running through my head. I dressed in jeans and a skinny top that shopped just above my belly button. I slipped on a beanie and added make-up to my slightly blotchy face. Picking up my Doc Martens I walked out the bedroom. Alex, Jade, Mitchell and Madeline were sitting on the sofa’s that covered most of the small lounge/kitchen-diner. They all silently stared at me like I had grown a few extra heads. “Where is Emma and Kelly?” I asked.

“Here.” Emma said skipping out of the kitchen with Kelly following her. I could tell they were all acting strangely but I decided to brush it off.

“Ready to go?” I said. “Or we are going to be late.” We were all slightly nervous because we didn’t know what our mission was going to be, and at least one of us was likely to have to work with Tommy. Slowly they all got back to being themselves, Alex took my hand and started chatting away at me, Jade, Kelly and Emma started whispering things to each other and looking around like they had lost something and Mitchell and Madeline went into ‘couple mode’ I had found out earlier in the week that they had been dating for nearly a year.

We somehow managed to get to the centre on time, although everyone was waiting for us. The lady in charge was very patient with us and showed us to the right groups. I was with Mitch, Kelly a girl called Sally a boy named Charlie…and Tommy. Neither Alex nor I were particularly happy about the arrangements and Tommy had a smug grin on his face. “Excuse me miss but can we do a swap please.” Alex said to the woman who had showed us to the groups. Tommy’s smug look fell and he stood there glaring at the back of Alex’s head I shot him a look before blanking him completely. “I’m sorry sir but we can’t swap you, you have to work in these groups its part of the challenge.”

“But it’s really urgent.”

“I’m sorry sir but rules are rules and if I break them I could get fired.”

“Stuff you!” Alex said rudely before walking away. Tommy’s grin returned and he started smiling like a Cheshire cat. Mitch walked went over to Alex and started talking to him, I followed eager to hear what they were talking about. “I will keep an eye out for her and make sure she is okay.” Mitch was saying.

“I still don’t like the fact she is in a group with him though.”

“I understand but she’ll be okay. I promise.”

“If anything happens to her, you will get it, okay?” Alex threatened before chuckling. He did one of those man hug things whispering something more into Mitch’s ear.

“I’ll be okay Alex.”

“I know baby, but I worry about you.” He pulled me into his chest and squeezed me tightly. I inhaled his usually smell - chocolate and vanilla! He smelt so much like a girl but I was so comforting. Mitch pulled at my arm releasing me from Alex tight grip. I blew him a kiss and walked away with Mitch.

“Today, ladies and Gentlemen, you will be doing your final mission.” She drew a silver envelope from her jacket and proceeded to open it. “Today you will be hiding. Each group will be given another envelope with the item they need to steal. You will then need to work as a group to keep the object moving between you and come back here. On the way back someone will be following you. You cannot bring them back here. Your deadline is four hours’ time.” A short man with a bouncy moustache darted around handing out the envelopes with the name of our item sealed inside. He handed it to Mitch and he opened it slowly creating suspense. “We haven’t got all day, you know!” I said. I was getting impatient. He just laughed at me before saying; “We need to steal the next prototype from Apple.”