Chapter Thirteen

“Sammy, it’s time to get up.” A voice called pulling me from my sleep. I wrapped the thin blanket covering me around my body even more. “Five more minutes.” I mumbled.

“That’s what you always say. Get up. Now.”

“No.”

“Then I will make you.” I could tell the voice was male so I assumed it was Alex. I felt his arms go around my waist and I was picked up off the bed, covers and all. “What are you doing?” I said

“Getting you up.” He gently slung me over his shoulder and walked out of my room and into the lounge/kitchen-diner. There he threw me on the sofa making me jolt awake. “What was that for?” I peered out from under the covers, it wasn’t Alex. “What are you doing here?” I spat.

“Sammy, we need to talk.”

“No, Tommy I have told you I don’t want to talk to you, now I need to go. Alex is going to be worried.”

“Who?”

“Alex, the boy who stood up for me at the first meeting.”

“Why would he care?”

I couldn’t tell him, it would break his heart. “He just does, he is a good friend.”

At that exact moment the door slammed open and an angry Alex stood in the doorway. “What the hell?” Tommy swore.

“I have come to get Sammy.”

“Tough, I only took back what is mine.” Tommy said glaring at Alex.

Alex face whitened and his jaw clenched. “Yours? You think she belongs to you?”

“I know she does.”

“Well not anymore.” Alex pulled me to his side and I hid behind him trying to hold myself together.

“And why would that be?” Tommy asked slyly.

“STOP IT BOTH OF YOU.” I finally shouted; their voices were going straight through my head. They both looked at me surprised.

“Don’t worry babe, I’ll deal with him, you go back to our room.”

Before I could say or do anything, Tommy butted in.

“Babe? Your room? Do you mean to tell me that you two are…are…” he couldn’t finish the sentence; I could just tell by the look on his face he felt violated.

“Yes.” Alex sang. The look on Tommy’s face was horrific and I could tell he was going to do something he would regret if he didn’t calm down. “DON’T YOU BOYS UDERSTAND STOP?” once again the both looked at me. “I HAVE JUST WOKEN UP AND NOW YOU’RE FIGHTING OVER ME. I DON’T NEED THIS WITH EVERYTHING ELSE THAT’S GOING ON AT THE MOMENT.” I broke down in tears, rivers of them streaming from my face. They didn’t say another word to each other but Alex pulled me from the room and into the corridor, closing the door behind him. I started to walk away before he could say anything and I heard him catch up with me. He wrapped his little finger around mine and gently squeezed it. I was glad he wasn’t asking me questions. He dropped me off at Emma’s room and walked away gently kissing my forehead. Before I could open the door Emma pounced on me. “Where have you been?” she said before realising I wasn’t in the mood to talk.  “What’s happened?” she gripped my arms so tightly it hurt. My eyes welled up again, ready to spill over if I had given them the chance. “Nothing.”

“If Alex has hurt you, I will kill him.”

“It’s not all his fault, you can’t blame him he was doing what he thought was best.”