Chapter Twenty-Five

Tear tracks stained my face. I cried for myself, my family, my stupidity, how scared I was and most of all I cried over Alex. There was no way he would want to take me back after everything I had put him through and now this.

Footsteps echoed down the hallway and I quickly wiped away they tears that were still leaking from my eyes. If they saw me crying like this they would see how weak I really was.

Three days I had been locked up in this cell, the walls had gotten boring within the first ten minutes, and there was nothing else to look at or do. The sound of the bolts sliding out of their homes awoke me from my reverie. My head snapped towards the doorway.

Max stood there, his hands on his hips, his mouth pulled into a grim smile. His blue eyes held a look of hatred towards me and it send shivers down my back. The poor amounts of light reflected off his balding head.

“You’re coming with me.” He said gruffly, pulling me off the floor.

He pinned my arms behind my back and marched me dent the corridor. This had happened for the last three days, the same routine;

                Wake up in the morning after having little sleep and vivid nightmares, stare at

            the ceiling until someone came to fetch me. Get shouted at by Max or another

            man - whom they called Ginger - and then get beaten for not answering their

questions. Get frog marched back to my own room and if I was lucky I might

get a piece of stale bread and a small glass of water before I collapsed on the

thin mattress I called my bead and tried to sleep.

So far it seemed no one had tried to save me. Many men came and went from the warehouse but no one even knew I was here. I gave up screaming after a while because I was no use and I was slowly losing my voice.

I was pushed roughly into a small wooden chair and my feet were tied to each leg. My hands were held behind me by a taught piece of rope that cut through my skin. I could already feel the blood dripping down my hands.

The room smelt musky and the air was thick. I hadn’t been in here before which scared the life out of me. The men could appear from anywhere. There was a small bulb hanging from the ceiling illuminating a small circle around me.

Four men appeared from the shadows in one corner of the room, each one looked grim faced and fierce. I stayed perfectly still, pretending they weren’t there, yet my heart was racing faster than Usain Bolt and I was sweating profusely.

“Samantha Gordon.” One of them said.

He stepped foreward and started walking circles around me. The room stayed silent everybody waiting for the man to start talking again. He knelt down to my level and brushed his thumb over my lips and cheek.

He chuckled lightly to himself and stood up again. I let out a breath I was unconsciously holding.

“You are probably wondering who I am.”

I nodded knowing silence was my best answer.

“My name is Jules and I work for George and Lula Brown, you are living with their son Tommy.”

Fear struck every inch of my body. If these people were as bad as Tommy had said then I wasn’t sure I was going to make it out of this place alive.

“What has this got to do with me, Sir?”

“Now you see Tommy cares very dearly about you; we could probably go as far as to say that he loves you.”