Chapter 14: Road Trip

School is officially out!! Summer break and the best part is that Taylor and Ben get back today!!!
It's a little disappointing though, I won't be able to sleep in Christian's bed.
Just as I'm unpacking my things in my room I hear the front door open.
"We're home!" I hear Aunt Taylor shout.
I run down stairs and greet them both with a huge hug.
"How was your trip? Did you enjoy it? Going back anytime soon? Can I go on a road trip with friends this summer," I fire these questions all at once at them.
"It was good. Yes we did. Maybe soon. What?" Uncle Ben replies.
"Who are these friends?" Taylor asks curiously.
"From school, well actually one is the guy next door, Roxanne's son Christian. And Ruby is coming too. Christian and his friends. Please!!" I plead.
Taylor purses her lips.
"Come on it's like I don't have anything better to do. You guys are always at work!"
"Fine you can, but nothing stupid," Taylor agrees.
"Yes nothing stupid," Ben nods his head.
"By the way, I'm dating Christian," I say.
Taylor screams and hugs me, "my niece is growing up."
"I guess that's good but-" Uncle Ben starts but I cut him off.
"Nothing stupid, I know," I say.
"Thank you." I hug them both before running up stairs.

I can officially cross number 2 off my Fun List as well as number 1.
Our first stop on this road trip is the East Coast.
The guys take turns driving whilst Ruby and I joke around in the back.
"This is going to be so fun!" She claps.
"I know!" I say excitedly.
It's Christian's turn to drive so I sit shot gun.
My feet up on the dashboard like you see in all those teenage road trip movies.
Christian's hand comes to sit on my thigh.
"This is gonna be so good," he says.
"Yes, yes it will be," I reply trailing my hand out the window and letting the air flow through.
We stop at a little rest area on the side of the road and set up for the night.
Tents prove to be a lot harder to put up than I first thought.
Ruby and Sam share one.
Winton, Timmy and Zach share the biggest tent.
And Christian and I share another one.
"Dinner is ready!" Ruby yells.
She's made steak burgers and prepared a salad to go with it.
"Yum thank you Rubz," I give her a quick hug.
"My pleasure but everyone can't expect this every night, we all have to take out turns cooking," she suggests.
"I agree," I reply.
"Same," Winton agrees.
"Just as long as Timmy doesn't cook," Christian laughs.
Speaking of Timmy, he's been avoiding me.
I see him sitting on a long far away from us.
I walk over and sit beside him.
"Hey, what's up?" I ask patting hi shoulder.
"Hey Bella," he replies.
"It's just that, what do you see in Christian? Why didn't you chose me?" He asks.
"I see a lot in him, I really do. His personality is perfect for what I like. Not saying that yours isn't, it's just that when you asked me out I had feelings for Christian and I felt that it wouldn't be fair to you," I reply.
"I was just hurt you picked him over me, he's got the most gorgeous girl," he says.
"Hey, you'll find your perfect girl one day. Trust me. I see how most girls look at you. Maybe she's one of them or maybe you have to look a little harder," I give my 'wise' advice.
"Thanks Bell your awesome," he says squeezing
After our chat we walk back over and join the others in conversation.

A/N
I really hope that everything is actually okay between Timmy and Bella now! They are such good friends but I find that she only thinks of him as a brother!
Funny story (not really): My best friend (a guy) likes me, he asked me out but I told him I only think of him as my best friend and more of a 4th brother. I already have 3 brothers and no sisters :(
But anyways we are still besties :D
Keep reading, comment and vote
Fun reading!!! Kate xx