12

*Ava's POV*

I've sat on this curb for a while, just waiting and letting a few tears run down my face. I bury my head into my hands to try and stop crying.

I need to be strong.

I can see headlights coming towards me through my hands and realize that it's Johnson. He pulls up in front of me and unlocks his doors.

Walking up to the car, I sigh and try to keep my composure. I open the door and sit down as Johnson watches me put on my seatbelt.

"W- what happened?" He stuttered, probably worried that Jack did something to me that's way out of proportion.

I slightly laugh,"It's okay. I'm fine. Nothing happened." I said weakly, looking into his eyes that were filled with worry and confusion.

He starts backing out of the parking lot and drives down the dark road.

"My mom's gonna kill me." I rub my temples with my fingers.

"Why? It's only like six or seven o'clock." He says with his eyes still on the road.

"I'm grounded, so I don't know how exactly she's going to deal with me being out in general." My eyes keep following all the cars that pass by.

"I'll just go in there with you to make sure everything's alright." He smiles at me.

His smile fades and his tone of voice gets more serious,"What did Jack do to you? I told you that you can tell me anything."

I sigh,"Long story short, your plan sucked dick, and it lead to me and Jack having a big argument." I sarcastically smile at him.

"Uh, sorry," His voice was barely audible,"but did he say anything to you that made you change your perspective on him?" He raises his eyebrows at me, knowing that my answer was positive.

"Yes, but that doesn't mean that it made our relationship, or friendship or whatever you want to call it, any better. If anything, it made it worse." I sit back and fidget with my fingers.

Johnson grins,"But the whole point of my plan was to get you two to talk to each other and tell each other how you two feel. I know everything is in a bad position as of right now, but you gotta work something out. And if he doesn't give back the effort that you're giving, then he's not the one for you."

He licks his lips and continues,"Listen to me Ava. I know Jack has something for you. You're all he ever talks about even if it was negative, saying how annoying and how much of a prude you are. He just doesn't like the feeling of 'liking' someone back. He's so used to having girls falling in love him, and he knows that he'll never have affectionate feelings for them back. He likes leading people on and fucking chicks. And in all reality, he doesn't give a shit if people hate on him for that. Not until he met you..."

"What do you mean?" I ask out of curiosity.

"I know it sounds cliche as fuck, but you change the way he acts. He's actually becoming more of a softy," He laughs,"He's such a pussy now. Well, emotionally he is. He just likes to act hard when he's around a lot of people. But he can be pretty violent if you push his buttons."

I laugh,"I don't think I changed him." I shake my head, not believing a single word that came out of his mouth.

"Believe what you want. I'm gonna stick to what's in here." Johnson says, putting his hand to his heart and laughs.

He starts laughing more,"Ever since he broke up with his ex a while ago, he's been banging anything that has a vagina." He says, making me burst into laughter.