07

*Ava's POV*

As we pull up to the front of the house, I start to get nervous. I rub my hands up and down my jeans to wipe off my sweaty hands.

I've never met a guy's parents before. Even though it isn't Jack's parents, I still feel quite nauseated from my nervousness. I close my eyes and put my head back on the seat to try and calm myself down.

Jack turns off the engine and looks over to me,"It's gonna be okay. Johnson's parents are cool." He gives me a reassuring smile with his perfect teeth.

I look down at my feet,"I don't feel like doing this anymore," Words just keep spilling out of my mouth,"I feel sick and anxious. I don't even know wha-"

I stop talking when I feel a hand on my thigh,"Everything's gonna be alright. Like I said, just follow my lead." I nod quickly as he takes his hand off of me. I can still feel where Jack put his hand, but I brushed it off, thinking that my brain was overreacting.

He opens his door to get out, but before I could open my door, he opens it for me. Oh, he's going to be the cheesy boyfriend. Got it. At least, that's what I think he's going for.

I step out the car,"Thanks." I said, barely audible. I fix my clothing and brush everything out.

Without saying anything, Jack intertwines my fingers with his, and I can feel a rush of warmth go through my body. I feel like I can melt to the ground at this moment.

He locks the car doors and makes our way towards his house, which I've been to before because of the party.

The familiar doorway flashes memories from the other night with Jack. Why hasn't he said anything about it? A part of me was glad that he didn't bring it up, but the other part of me wants to know what he thinks.

We get to the door, but it quickly gets open before Jack got to touch the door knob. I started to get nervous and shaky again, but it went away when Jack started to rub the back of my hand with his thumb.

"Hey guys!" We get greeted by Johnson's parents in unison.

They move out the doorway,"Make yourself feel at home sweetie." Johnson's mom said, giving me a sweet smile.

I smile back at Johnson's parents and gave both of them a hug. I don't know. Is that how a girlfriend is supposed greet their boyfriend's guardians?

Jack walks in from behind me, and he takes off his coat, revealing his tan, muscular arms.

"We're the other Jack's parents, but we like to think of Gilinsky as our own child, too." Johnson's mom smiles at me and looks over to Jack.

Jack smiles,"Oh, I forgot to introduce you guys to each other. This is Ava, my beautiful girlfriend." He looks over from me to Johnson's parents.

My heart starts to beat fast when he said that. Why is my body reacting so weird to little things that Jack says or does? I start fiddling with my fingers, while looking at Johnson's parents. At this point, it's become a habit for me to do this when I get nervous.

Jack looks back at me,"And this is Jen and John." I shake out of my thoughts and go back to reality, smiling back at them.

"Nice to meet you guys." I say, actually glad that I met them.

Jen leads us all to the dining table where food was already served. Johnson's parents sat next to each other, which only meant I had to sit next to Jack. Great.

Jack pulled out my chair, so I can sit down. John noticed Jack's action and whispered to Jen. Jack finally sat down in his seat and scooted his chair up. He looked up and started smiling.