11

*Jack's POV*

"Bro, you wanna go out for some food after school?" Sam asks, while picking at the school's disgusting food.

"Uh, I guess?" My response came out as more of a question.

Sam has been very distant lately. Probably because I never respond to him half the time, but usually he would text me to see what I'm doing.

When the bell rings, Sam pulls out his phone and starts texting,"I'll just text you after school." He says with his face still looking at the screen.

-

Sam texted me to meet him at our local diner, so I made my way there.

I got out my car and opened the door to the diner, taking a deep breath. I have a lot of things to tell Sam about Ava.

I found Sam sitting at a booth, laughing and talking. Probably something he's seen on his phone.

I walk towards the booth and saw Ava sitting right across from him. Is this a joke?

They abruptly stopped talking when they saw me. Ava's eyes went wide while Sam started scratching the back of his neck.

Sam laughs,"Sit down bro." He pats the seat next to him.

I huff and sit next to him, looking straight at Ava. Her eyes looking out in the distance, swinging legs back and forth.

"So what is she doing here?" I scoff, making her furrow her eyebrows at me.

"The same reason you're here. To eat, you idiot." She childishly remarks.

"Calm down guys. I invited you both here to talk. That's it." I hear Sam say with an annoyed voice.

"And eat." He added on, laughing.

The waitress came over, and we all ordered our food.

"So why do you guys hate each other so much?" Sam says, folding his hands.

"We don't hate each other." I mutter, hearing Ava laugh at my response.

"I don't like you because you're an inconsiderate asshole who likes getting into girls' pants and move on with the next girl like they're some type of stepping stone." She says, looking at me.

"Sorry, I'm not a prude." I scoff at her for what feels like the millionth time.

"Hey! Chill out!" Sam says a little loudly, making people from other tables stare at us.

"Sam, why didn't you tell me she was going to be here?" I angrily ask.

"No, why didn't you tell me he was going to be here?" Ava asks, trying to get Sam to answer her first.

"It was all Johnson's idea! But he couldn't take part in his plan because he's caught up with Laur. So he told me to do all this. And I knew you two wouldn't want to be together if you guys knew, so I had to somewhat lie to get you two here." He pinches the bridge of his nose with his fingers, indicating how annoyed he is.

"Johnson and I are just trying to help out," He puts his hands up in the air,"Mainly because you guys are annoying, and we could never do anything with you both together." He says and gets up from the booth.

"Where are you going?" I ask, still pissed.

"Away from you two until you guys figure out your guys' shit." He angrily says, wagging his finger back and forth at me and Ava.

As he leaves the diner, the waitress comes back with our food. Sam awkwardly walks back in and asks the waitress if he could take his food in a to-go box. Then, he finally leaves with his food, making me laugh to myself.