nicknames.

KAGEYAMA'S POV

my eyes flickered open to the sun which had shone into kei's room breaking through the gap of the curtains causing me to curse under my breath and shuffle closer to him. i tried my hardest not to wake him since he really did look comfortable, peaceful and in bliss and for once he looked content. a small smile grew on his face and i frowned, "i wonder what he's dreaming about".

"well if you weren't staring so much i may have gotten a bit more of my dream" a low raspy voice broke from him.

i blushed and slammed my head against the pillow, "staring..why would i stare at your face?!"

the blonde chuckled pulling me in by my hips, "shut up it's still early"

the tired kei rested his head over my shoulder and i felt him begin to snooze again, a sweet little snore whispering in my ear. usually i wouldn't mind him sleeping but i wanted to get off so unfortunately tsukishima..you're gonna have to get off.

i pushed him off and rolled out of bed sitting on his chair next to the desk, "get up lazy shit"

"shut up" he mumbled back.

"i mean it get up!"

"it's like nine in the morning shut up it's too early" tsukishima whined, "and i'm tired okay"

"i don't care less if you are tired i want you up" i told him with a huff.

sitting up and putting his glasses on, "happy?"

a soft blush appeared on my cheeks. fuck. he looked so cute when he had just woke up, his soft blonde curls messy on his head, lips a little swollen, cheeks puffy and his eyes tiredly looking at me. gosh i could get used to this, he's so pretty.

"will you quit with the staring, you're starting to scare me" he growled.

"shut up" i snapped.

"it's not my fault you can't keep your blue eyes to yourself, is it?" that annoying smirk crept up on his stupid face again.

why did he always do that? tease and smirk it's criminal and it should be illegal, the way his almond eyes would gaze into mine. his voice was attractive too don't get me wrong it was almost arousing but it's a bit early for that.

however, i couldn't get his words out of my head from last night. "babyboy" "good boy". why did that effect me so much? his words slipping off of his tongue and causing a rumble of butterflies to erupt in my stomach.

"hey can i ask you something?" i said tugging at his shirt before he went into the bathroom.

the blonde pushed his glasses up and frowned looking down at me, "what is it?"

"the names you called me last night..the nicknames, what did they mean?" i asked him messing with my fingers.

"i don't understand, what did i say?" he frowned.

he knew, right? did he forget? no surely i mean more than that to him we're special he wouldn't just forget something like that tsukishima doesn't forget! or did he not mean it? did he just say it in the moment?

"kageyama i'm dying for the bathroom, did i call you king or something?" the tall guy asked.

"must've dreamt it" i shrugged turning away from him and giving a short smile.

TSUKISHIMA'S POV

i knew what he was on about of course but i wanted him to say it. babyboy and good boy was what i called him, i'm not sure why but at that moment in time they just fitted the situation and well they just came out, easy does it.

"babyboy and good boy was it?" i smirked before going into the bathroom.

before i entered to go to the toilet i did see him flip me off and weirdly get more flustered than before which i thought would
be impossible. i didn't understand why he was so shy today but ever since he had woke up his eyes were on me non stop and i'd be a liar to say it wasn't freaking me out a little.

after i had finished my business i went back into my room and to my surprise he wasn't there, i doubt he's playing hiding games and if he is i will kindly ask him to leave. i'm not a child and whether or not he is my boyfriend i don't want to be playing games.

a few minutes later i walked downstairs in my joggers and a loose hoodie and kageyama, my brother and parents were all sat at the dinner table eating what i'm guessing cereal.

"what's going on here?" i mumbled walking to the fridge for some fresh orange juice.

"it's impolite to have a guest waiting in your bedroom while you do your business you should've sent him down" my dad sighed.

grabbing a glass from the cabinet i rolled my eyes, "i was just using the toilet i wasn't that long"

"you were a good 10 minutes" my brother muttered.

"yeah well i had to brush my teeth and wash my face too but 10 minutes isn't long what's the problem?" i sat down next to kageyama drinking my orange rejecting the bowl of cereal my dad passed me, "not hungry"

"it's been weeks since you've eaten properly you were already thin i don't need you to be a twig kei" my mum sighed.

"i eat fine and plus i'm never that hungry it's fine" i shook my head.

"so kageyama why've you chosen someone like him as your boyfriend?" akiteru frowned, "he's not exactly fit for that, is he?"

"shut up aki" i glared.

kageyama looked at him, "i guess..i guess i just like him"

"wow is that it?" i scoffed.

"shut up tsukishima" kageyama hissed.

"i didn't actually think tsukishima had any other friends beside yamaguchi never mind a love interest i thought he was gonna end up with him at one point, he never interacted with anyone else but you make him happy" akiteru nodded, "i'm glad though don't get me wrong i know this guy has probably spoke about me being a twat but i'm actually nice"

"no..he's never mentioned you before actually" kageyama frowned, "so maybe you are wrong"

akiteru chuckled and put his dish in the sink then just waved walking upto his room. i didn't think he would be so nice but in a way i was grateful i suppose, i didn't expect him to be rude as such just not as kind in a way. i knew my dad was judging us but my mum just dealt with it, what more can she do?

"well make yourself at home kageyama whatever is ours is yours, remember that" my dad half smiled before leaving to the living room, my mum behind him giving a short wave leaving just the two of us alone.

"well what was that all about?"