tutor.

i was heading to kageyama's house on my bike whilst carrying two days worth of clothes for this stupid sleepover. i couldn't believe that i was sleeping at his house for a whole two days and what made it worse was it was going to be raining the whole time according to the evening news.

once i got there i saw him paying what seemed from a distance a delivery man, i walked up and just waved slightly at him, he thanked the guy again and we both went inside.

"i bought us pizza since i couldn't be bothered cooking if you don't like pizza make something" he told me looking at me with his deep oceans i could get lost in.

i shook my head and lied, "i had a sandwich i should be fine"

"well alright but if you want anything my parents said help yourself just don't drink all the milk" tobio nodded walking into his room without even looking at me.

his room was bigger than mine and nicer too. it was basic but somewhat cute as i looked around seeing his library of manga and his figurines spotted around the room on shelves. i placed my bags down and looked up at him as he scoffed down another slice then my stomach grumbled.

"you didn't eat, did you?" he frowned passing me a slice.

i sighed and took a bite, "whatever let's just get this homework done then i can sleep"

"i have plans actually for tonight after homework" tobio said.

"what plans?" i asked.

"seeing as you're doing this for me i thought i'd go cinema and you could join me but if you don't wanna then i'll just invite hinata" he said with a shrug taking out some books and pencils.

"right and why would i wanna hang around with you?" i scoffed.

the slender male just slumped down in his chair pulling out some books from his black rucksack, he pulled out a pencil from his drawer and sat down next to me. i moved a little trying to create as much space between us that i could.

"division, fractions and multiplication, seriously tobio? we learnt this in primary" i laughed cockily.

tobio opened the book and scanned the paper with his thin finger, "see i'm doing all the work all the right working out methods but when it comes to the answers..well..as you can see i'm getting everything wrong"

"right so i need to help you with everything, are you sure this is all?" i asked taking his maths book and taking a closer look for myself.

his handwriting was a struggle to read and there was some ink smudges as well as the occasional doodle he hadn't rubbed out completely. i huffed taking a red pen from his pen pot then started circling around his mistakes and he just kept nodding giving me basic answers which went no longer than 3 or 4 words.

"oh i see right" tobio said correcting himself for the thousandth time.

whilst he was looking down a his paper and concentrating on the work i had noticed whenever he found something difficult he would pick at his thin lips or run his fingers through the raven hair of his which had hin-

"what are you staring at tsukishima, is there something on me?" he frowned looking at me.

"fuck- uh no nothing are you done?"

slowly, tobio slided the book to me, his silky hands skimming across mine as i tried my best to stay calm with him so close. there was still a few mistakes and misunderstandings but for now it was good enough and since i was here for two days it was a big improvement. maybe he does listen after all?

"i think for now it's decent at least you're not as dumb as before king" i told him closing the book.

"i called yamaguchi and hinata so they're coming with us, you brought money, didn't you?" tobio asked putting on his black jacket which was hung up on a sliver coat hanger beside his wardrobe.

"yeah i did in case we would have to order out" i nodded.

"why would i make you pay at my house?" he argued.

"it wasn't an insult" i retaliated standing up and taking my coat from my bag.

"right well whatever hinata and yamaguchi should be meeting us at the cinema it's about a half an hour bus drive from here, alright?"

we made our way to the bus stop, the winds had calmed down a little but the cold breeze and the hard bullets of splattering rain was hurting my face. tobio turned around looking at me with a look of concern, "are you alright, your coat doesn't even have a hood?"

i just ignored him and carried on walking since i wasn't one for conversations with people like him. despite my feelings, despite my love for him i could only view him as the cold hearted king of the court. a side of me knew he was just a big softie who was stubborn and couldn't express his affection or feelings in words but in actions. like i knew he only did this because he appreciated what i did since he found it hard to say thank you so maybe now i see him in a new light.

TIMESKIP

"well how was the tutoring kageyama?" shoyo asked swaying side to side whilst we all were sat down waiting for our drinks and popcorn.

"it was fine" he mumbled.

"i'm sure mr.salt loved you" the tangerine added. "it wasn't even as bad as you're making it out hinata we barely spoke thankfully i'd hate to be spoken down by royalty"

as i finished that insult with that stupid nickname i only used to get on his nerves so he couldn't ever figure out my crush on him, his head lowered and the navy haired boy sighed. his sigh wasn't heavy but it wasn't soft either and it held a tint of sadness as it rang through my ears, i upset him.

once our popcorn had came and our drinks also we made our way to the room even though it was twenty minutes early. i kept looking over at kageyama and that same sorrowful expression hung on his face as his eyebrows were crinkled up in knots like he was about to cry.

"tsukki you should stop insulting him with that name, i think you've upset him" tadashi scolded.

"right i know that tadashi" i muttered.

coincidentally i ended up between to kageyama and tadashi whilst shoyo was thankfully beside kageyama. the orange haired boy kept bursting into laughter at almost every joke and i could tell others were getting annoyed because the group of girls and boys were booting shoyos chair.

"you wanna go? i'll beat you all" he snapped turning around only to get slammed back down by tobio.

"we're sorry" tadashi sighed facing the group and slumping down his chair in embarrassment.

i just ignored everything and leaned back on my chair watching the boring film which at this point i had no idea what was going on because of the constant chewing sounds and irritating shoyo. i shut my eyes and felt tobios head rest on my shoulder.

"they're asleep" tadashi cooed.