Finding Out & Living Without

CHAPTER NINE:

Third Person P.O.V.:

"Uh, w-we were just..."

Charlie trailed off, scratching the back of his neck in nervousness as he exchanged a slightly embarrassed glance with his girlfriend. Although Harry seemed thoroughly unaware of what was going on, Ginny watched them curiously.

"Oh my Merlin," she gasped, noticing that her friends were still wearing the same clothes from the previous day

"Oh my Merlin," she gasped, noticing that her friends were still wearing the same clothes from the previous day. "Did you two...?"

Ginny wiggled her eyebrows at them in indication. Realizing what she was insinuating immediately, Charlie felt heat rise in his cheeks, and he desperately tried to conceal his flustered state behind Hermione's bushy hair.

"And so what if we did?" Hermione said bluntly, crossing her arms; Charlie's eyes went wide in disbelief that his own girlfriend would expose them like that.

The youngest Weasley's mouth fell agape, but her eyes radiated a sense of pride as she gazed at her friend. A mischievous smirk curled its way onto Hermione's lips as she reciprocated Ginny's gaze; she was seemingly unbothered, and instead, rather amused by divulging the real reason behind her and Charlie's early morning entrance into the common room — they had already been caught in an intimate embrace, what was the point in trying to lie?

Charlie buried his face into his hands, muttering, "This cannot be happening..."

"Wait, what?" Harry asked obliviously, furrowing his brows. "What am I missing?"

"They shagged!" Ginny squealed as she grabbed onto Harry's arm, jumping up and down in excitement. She turned back to Hermione, "Oh my god, wait, I have so many questions! How many times? Where did you do it? How big is his —"

"Ginny!" Hermione scolded, interrupting before her friend could finish her sentence. "We're not getting into details!"

"Oh, come on! Why the bloody hell not?" Ginny whined, a frown appearing on her face. "Don't be such a prude!"

Hermione narrowed her eyes, "Because my intimate relationship with my boyfriend is not up for discussion!"

"Boyfriend?" Harry's eyes went wide as he interjected into the two girls' conversation; Charlie had begun banging his head lightly off of a nearby wall, overwhelmingly embarrassed by what was happening. "Hold on a second, what the hell is going on?"

"Merlin, Harry, don't you get it?" Ginny rolled her eyes, slapping the boy with glasses on his shoulder before gesturing to Hermione and Charlie, "They're dating!"

"Dating?" Harry questioned, eyeing his two friends curiously. "Since when?"

But before Charlie or Hermione could even respond, Ginny squealed once again.

"The Yule Ball! You guys got together at the Yule Ball, didn't you?" she said eagerly before chanting, "I knew it! I bloody knew it! I called it!"

"We just kissed at the Yule Ball," Charlie corrected, finally joining the conversation. "We didn't get together until afterwards. I asked her to by my girlfriend after the second task in the tournament."