A Knight's Defend & The Year's End

CHAPTER TEN:

Third Person P.O.V.:

As nightfall washed over Hogwarts, the four Gryffindors met in the common room like they had planned. Tonight was the night that they were going to find the Philosopher's Stone under the trapped door. They had planned everything. What time they were going to meet, what they needed to bring, and how they would get to the trapdoor undetected.

What they didn't plan, however, was Neville Longbottom waiting for them in the common room as they descended the stairs.

"Oi," Charlie began looking at the cowardice Gryffindor, "You shouldn't be down here."

"Funny," Neville began as he stood up from the chair he was sitting in, and walked over to his four friends, "Neither should you. You're sneaking out again, aren't you?"

Harry took a step towards Neville and tried to reason with him, "Now, Neville, listen. We were goi-"

Harry was quickly cut off, "No! You'll cost Gryffindor more house points! I won't let you leave!"

"Is that right?" Charlie challenged and stepped forward, "And how do you reckon you'll do that?"

"I-I'll f-fight you!" Neville stuttered but tried to make himself sound as threatening as possible.

"Neville, I'm really really sorry about this," Hermione spoke up, stepped in front of Charlie and pulled out her wand, "Petrificus Totalus."

With that, Longbottom froze and fell back on to the floor with a small thud.

Ron gulped loudly and looked towards the bushy haired girl, "You're a little scary sometimes, you know that? Brilliant, but scary."

Harry and Charlie laughed but couldn't disagree with the ginger haired boy. Hermione Granger wasn't someone to be messed with.

One by one the four of them left the common room, but not before saying a few things to Neville which they were planning on leaving on the common room floor;

"Sorry Neville."

"Again, I'm really sorry!"

"You kind of had that one coming, mate."

"It's for your own good."

As they left the common room, the four of them piled underneath Harry's invisibility cloak. They walked through the corridors slowly, but eventually found their way back to the third floor.

When they reached the door, Hermione whispered a quick, "Alohomora." to make the door to unlock before the went in.

Ron shut the door behind them as they entered the room with Fluffy. As they were now in the clear, they all got out from underneath the invisibility cloak.

In the room, Charlie could hear the small and delicate sound of a harp that was playing all by itself in the corner. Thanks to the music, Fluffy was fast asleep, snoring loudly.

"Snape's already been here," Charlie spoke before pointing to the harp, "Look, he's put a spell on the harp."

As the four of them walked closer to Fluffy, they noticed that his paw had blocked the trapdoor underneath him.

Harry spoke in a whisper, "We have to move his paw."

"What?!?" Ron exclaimed a little loudly, "Are you mental?"

Charlie looked at his ginger haired friend and hit him on the back of the head, "How else do you think we're gonna get in the trapdoor, you git?"

Ron hit Charlie on the back of his arm, which resulted in a small wrestle between the two of them before they were pulled off of one another by Hermione, "Would you two stop? We clearly don't have time for this!"