Chapter One

Hi guys! I am finally back. It has been a really long time since I have written anything, but I am ready to get back into my passion. I have also  decided to rewrite this book. I get messages daily from you guys asking me to make a new chapter, but I feel like the writing style from back when I first wrote it just isn't me anymore. I wanted to start fresh with better and longer chapters for you guys with an even better story line. Thank you all for the people who have kept this book in their libraries for years and have not given up on me. I hope you like it <3

                                                                                           ~*~

I wake up on the soft leather couch of my living room with a horrible headache. The couch leather crunches below me as I stretch my arms out, trying to wake up. I can feel every pound my head makes as I try to stand and get off the sinking couch. "Woah." I breathe out to myself. I try to steady myself against the cold wall. My vision goes blurry for a second, but it eventually fixes itself on the ugliest face I have ever seen. Frank. Or should I say "Father." I groan. 

His face morphs into a scowl. "You look disgusting." He spits out. 

I roll my eyes and cross my arms over my chest, ignoring the pounding of my head. "Are you looking into a mirror or something, Frank?" I retort. 

He completely ignores my comment and looks around at the trash around us. "You did not ask me if you could have a party." 

I walk past him and start heading to the kitchen. The hardwood floor feels ice cold against my feet. "It was my birthday last night." It's not like he remembered anyways. 

He ignores me again and kicks a beer can with his foot. "This shit better be cleaned up before I get back." He says as he slams the front door behind him. 

I immediately jump from the loud smack of the door. "Fuck." I grunt, clutching my head. I open the fridge and embrace the cold air that radiates out of it. I grab a cold water and some medicine from the cabinet. I definitely over did myself last night. When I was little, I remember being so excited for my eighteenth birthday. I wanted to be an adult so bad. 

I would give anything to go back. 

I sit down at the kitchen table and try to chug my water, but I get interrupted by my phone dinging in my back pocket. I open my phone and squint at the bright screen. 

I am flooded with happy birthday messages and calls from my friends. I scroll through all the messages hoping to find one from the only person I really wanted one from. My mom. 

I click my phone off and slide it across the table in disappointment. I lean back in my chair and sigh. She forgot again. Her and Frank are really amazing parents as you can tell. 

Frank has always been a shitty father, but my mom was always the one who was there for me during my childhood. I never really understood why she stayed with him when I was younger. She was so pretty and sweet. She did not seem like the type to date a scumbag who treats her kid like shit. But then one day, I could tell she had enough. Her and Frank got in one of their nightly fights that included screaming and things being thrown across the room. I remember listening to it from my bright pink ballerina themed bedroom. 

The fight this night seemed different. The tone in my mothers voice was off. She finally snapped. 

She left that night. 

She came back a couple weeks later with divorce papers and a truck to put her stuff in. I tried to go with her, but she kept saying how she would need to get a better job first so she could take care of us both. Thankfully, she did end up getting a better job, but that job ended up being across the country. And she didn't take me with her.