#17

'tis a weird, weird day and this is long.     :/

+++++

The werewolf blinked in surprise when the flashing colors hit his face that it took him a moment to see properly (with a little squinting and rubbing in the eyes that Jane and Angela, being the closest to it, had to turn it off quickly). He gasped and his face broke into a grin when he saw at the scattered (yet, very deliberate) mess they created.

"I can't believe you all did this!" He laughed, picking up some of the papers on the ground then smiling wider, as if he realized something. "Is this what's been going on with you guys this whole time?"

"Eh. More or less." Nadia shrugs, placing something on his head with a loopy smile. "I hope we're not too obvious."

Faust and Liam snorted while the others snickered.

Nadia, expecting the exact reactions from them merely sighed in playful disappointment yet admitted their defeat so easily. "Alright, fine. I guess we're not that discreet."

"Hey, at least the food is okay."

"Are you kidding me?!" Faust shrieked in half-slurp. "Angela and I really busted our asses to get these done! I had a concussion!"

"And desert is not as easy as anyone else makes it look." Said female says seriously.

"Okay... But the design looks good."

"Rushed." Was the response of Nadia and Jane. "With school and work, and you coming here early, I almost forgot to bring those."

"I didn't. Plus, I let the babysitter handle my cousins today so I guess I'm good."

"I think you're the only one who's doing 'good' out of all of us here, to be honest." Theo mumbles, narrowing his eyes at the older. "Makes me think you're not as human as you say you are."

Liam chuckled at the scoff they made before facing at the chimera, whose face is flushed though he tries not to bolt when electric blue eyes met his.

Liam smirked. "You started this?"

Theo shrugged. "I started nothing."

. . .

Sunday:

"So, why exactly did you call us here?" Nadia spoke, putting their sports bag down and fell obnoxiously on the couch beside Faust whose face had hardened at the disturbance of polishing his nails. "Oh, cerulean?"

"Teal." The vampire replied, not looking up. "You can have the beige one if you like."

"Thanks."

"Is this about the experiment I did at the backyard? 'Cause if it is, I'll have you know it's for a good reason." Angela yawned, lying beside her girlfriend with her hood up. "Pops said I have to practice my strength and there are too many eyes in my street."

"No, it's not about- Wait, that was you?!" Jane croaked a laugh at the chimera's reaction. "I almost got burnt because of that!"

"Who else here knows how to put those on?"

"You, since Oaks and I can't, and Nadie couldn't memorize for shit."

From the couch, Nadia flipped him off with a newly polished finger.

Jane huffed in tired disbelief, timidly throwing a thick book on the wooden table, which clanged, before eventually taking off her hair tie and laid down on the futon with her arm around her partner. "Okay, sorry. It was an accident. I forgot to take them off when Angela was done."