"Look how pretty the moon is," I pointed out the window as Zaid parked his body next to me, but I got the feeling he wasn't looking at the moon. It was silent between us, save for the music pumping so loud I could hear through the walls. It wasn't uncomfortable, but I was starting to wonder why Zaid was staring at me so hard. I didn't say anything wrong.  

"Can I try something with you?" I turned from looking at the window to look at Zaid as I took a sip of my soda. He looked shy as he rubbed the side of his arm and I shrugged, pondering what could be the worst. "I'm going to kiss you now." He stated confidently and while the thought should've pushed me away because no, we're best friends, I just raised a brow, daring him. "Are you now?"

Before I knew it, hands clasped around my neck, pulling me close and a hot pair of lips immediately slammed down to mine. I was suddenly amazed as he managed to pull a small groan from my throat. His tongue licked across my top lip as he bit down on my bottom lip, stroking it ever-so-slowly. I was just about to lose myself in as he deepened it when the door to the room busted against the wall with a sickening crack.

"Oh ho ho," I heard camera snaps as the players from Steelbrook rounded in, eyes narrowed in contempt. "Look what we have here. Northvale's gay duo," Zaid immediately snatched his head away from me, scrambling away like a fearful rat. I wiped my mouth as he coughed violently. "Are you good, man?" Steelbrook's point guard put a hand on Zaid's shoulders, taking his actions to mean something else. "Yea, thank god you guys came when you did. I didn't know what else he was going to do."

It dawned on me what he was doing, but before I could speak, he pushed past our opponent, pointing an attacking figure in my direction."You're a fucking homo! What the hell is wrong with you, dude?" He wiped his mouth, the look of pure disgust swimming off of him as he sneered down at me, and there was no way I could stop my eyes from watering. "W-what the hell are you talking about, Zaid? You're the one who—"

"Shut up. We don't want to hear what a fag has to say," I blinked in absolute confusion as the center for the Steelbrooks motioned for me to get out. "You're not welcome here anymore, you fucking pervert." He looked me up and down, shaking his head in vehement repulsion. "I—Zaid tell them the truth!" I sputtered, wondering why the hell they were coming at me for.

"Didn't he just say that we don't want to hear what a fag has to say?" Betrayal shot through my core as the boy who I assumed was my best friend glared at me with so much hatred, pointing to the door. "Get the fuck out. You should be ashamed of what you did," He shook his head and I swallowed the big knot in my throat, dread sitting on top of my stomach as I found it hard to breathe.

My knees were wobbly as I stared at him, trying to put together where the sudden 180 came from. There was no telling that my heart was indeed crushed to pieces. How could he instigate such a thing and put me down like this? I couldn't even recognize the boy in front of me as I walked past the laughing group of boys, narrowly missing the foot that intended to trip me. I bit my lip hard to keep myself from saying something, but Zaid just had to have the last word. 

"You're dead to me."

I hoped that it was just a dream and that he would come to me to explain, to apologize, hell, even blame it on the alcohol. But I knew it wasn't a dream and he never would come, and he never took a sip.

"Wow, that's..." Even Owen didn't know what to say but he didn't loosen his grip on me. "Yeah, I know," I murmured, hating how pitiful thinking about that made me feel. "I get why you've been upset for so long because you still don't know why he reacted the way he did," My friend cleared his throat before turning to me, a grim smile on his face. "I know you don't want to but," He bit his lip and I raised a brow.