'No one can ever say that to me. Come,' Valery said as she stood up.

The child follows her as they walked towards the magistrate manor. When she arrived they refused to let her in before Nora took out her badge. The guards apologized and let them in. when they got inside the magistrate was already waiting for them.

'I'm very sorry for such a poor reception,' he said as he bowed to her.

'It's okay. I'm here to notify you that this child will be mine starting from today. I will be leaving with her today just in case someone looks for her,' she told the old man.

'She is just a child from the streets. I don't think anyone will be looking for her. Why don't you find someone else to adopt?' he asked her and she walked towards the old man.

He staggered back and she stopped.

'Never question me ever again if you still love your head on your neck. What I want is none of your concern,' she said and turned around.

'Let's go,' Nora said to the child.

They left the magistrate's manor and returned to the inn where she made the child to take a very long bath. Nora scrubbed the child until she was clean and presentable. She bought some noble clothes for the child and let her wore them. She smiled as she looked at the child. She no looked like a child she picked from the street. With time her skin and appearance will totally change.

'Thank you but can I ask you who you are?' the child finally asked the important question she should have asked long time ago.

'I will be your mother starting from today. I will love and take care of you like my own. You have many responsibilities ahead of you and I hope that you won't let me down,' she told the child who looked very confused after everything she had just told her.

'You are really adopting me?' she asked her eyes filled tears.

'Yes, don't you like it?'

'I love it. Thank you. I never thought that I will have a family one day,' she said hugging her.

Valery felt a rush of joy all over her. She had missed seeing the look of happiness on a child's face. She wished that she could bore her own children but she couldn't. Unlike her mother, she was destined to adopt other children like her own. Sometimes she wondered what wrong she did to deserve all this in her life.

Valery looked at Nora who was wiping the tears on her cheeks. She smiled at her and knew that it was really a joyous event for all of them.

The kid finally let go and Nora took her.

'That lady is called Aunt Nora. She shall look after you after we get back to my home. She will teach you everything you need, for you to become strong like she is. No one in the future will ignore you. They will bow down to you and ask for your help. You in return shall not mock them but help them. Do you understand me?'

'Yes I do mother,' the kid replied.

'Bu first I should name you,' Valery said and saw the kid's face brighten up. She pondered for a while the name she would like the child to have and suddenly she got one.

'I will name you Qara, do you like it?' she asked her.

'Yes, I do love it. Thank you mother,' Qara said and made her first bow.

Valery looked at Nora and smiled. The child was quick witted and she loved that about her.

'Nora, take her to the market and buy her clothes to wear. When we return back to the mountain, tell the tailor department to make more clothes for her,' Valery instructed Nora.