"Fine, you want me to say it? I will say it." Lily raises her hands in surrender, and James and I look up at her. "Aren't you superheroes should be out there saving someone?" Her words hit me a hard—strong punch in a kidney, without a single touch. "Don't get me wrong. I really like you both, and I enjoy finally having a family. I really do, but even if I'm actually your daughter, everything you do shouldn't stop just because you find me." She simply shrugs here's shoulder looking between us and I just hear James sharply inhale.

When we have no response, Lily continues.
"I remember watching you on TV. When the avengers first appeared, because you were the only girl in the team, all the girls wanted to be you. So strong, fearless and totally badass." Lily points at me, and I already have tears in my eyes. "Even after all Sokovia accords, there are people that think that you should get under government telling, but those people are mostly politicians. There are still plenty who hope that when they are in trouble, secret avengers come to their rescue. And no matter how much I appreciate you trying to give me everything I didn't have up until now. There are so many more people out there needing you too."

I open my mouth, but no world comes out. I'm speechless. But she doesn't stop there.
"No matter how much we all would want to turn back time and create a bunch of memories with you guys, that isn't going to happen. We need to move forward. You need to do what you do and be a superhero, not only for me. Both of you should do what you love, and save ordinary everyday people that governments don't care about saving."
"Technically, she is a superhero." James points at me, and both of us look at him with unimpressed looks. "What? It's true." He raised his hands in surrender.

I just roll my eyes at James and reach out for Lily's hand over the table.
"All we want is to be there for you. We missed so much for your life as it is." I try to say as softly as I can, but Lily pulls her hand back.
"You won't bring my childhood back; what is gone is gone. I have you know, and all I want is for you guys to be you. I pretend to be something else so many times so that all the foster homes could be the last one, but I never was good enough." Her voice broke at the end, but she bit her lip and shook her head, quickly dismissing all the tears. "I want you to be you so that I can be me."

It's quiet for a minute till James gets up from his seat and walks up to Lily.
"Oh, I'm the most me I've been in a long time, but I heard what you're saying, and we do try our best." He kisses the top of her head, and that's the best thing I ever witness when Lily closes her eyes, melting in her dad's hands as he pulls her for a hug.
"Thank you." Lily whispers and I have to rush a tear from my cheek as she buries her face in his chest.
"No, thank you for understanding and making us both so extremely happy for having you." I nearly choke on tears when James says it, and he looks up at me. "Come here; Bucky bears hug for everyone." Lily and I laugh, but she also stretches her hand for me, and I rush in the group hug. Feeling the happiest I ever did.

***

"I feel like you're kicking me out." I put the last things in my back and zip it up.
"Not at all." Lily shakes her head.
"Totally." They both said at the same time. While standing in the doorway and Lily at least tries to look like she is a bit upset by me leaving.
"Remind me, why did I marry you?" I lift my brow at James.
"Because nobody else could deal with your pain in the ass, personalities." He simply puffs his lips, making Lily giggle, and I roll my eyes.

"What will you do while I'm gone?" I put a bag over my shoulder, making my way out of the bedroom.
"Usual, get up, go to school, eat, go to sleep." Lily shrugs her shoulders.
"Enjoy peace, and the whole bed by myself." I have to roll my eyes at James again.
"You really want me out. Aren't you? Not even going to pretend you will miss me?" I come to hug James wrapping my hands around his waist, and he does the same.
"Oh, I know I will miss you and then worry all the time because I know how reckless you are. But looking like I'm not caring is my self-defence." I giggle before he leans in capturing my lips in a kiss.