Working On The Plans

Tavee's POV

I still can't believe that Kim just left me there to run after that poor girl. What did Kim even see in her? I basically have everything a guy could look for in a woman and there she is making me look like trash.

If Yam's here, I wonder how she's going to react to all of these. Like hey, if your ex would find someone to replace you, at least have someone who's far better than your past.

Yam...

Where the hell did you go? I thought that once you're gone, Kim will somehow look my way. But it seems like life, indeed, doesn't always go as planned. Kim, as stubborn as she is, would rather prefer to dig for a copper than admiring the gold right in front of her.

Well, if I can't get you for myself Kim, then I'll make sure someone will do it for me.

I got my phone from my nightstand to contact someone I know would help me get Kim.

The call was answered within the third ring. "Yam?" I said, but met with a male voice that I don't expect to hear.

"Who are you? Why are you calling Yam?" The guy's tone is in obvious annoyance.

"I'm Tavee, her best friend. Well, former best friend I may say." I corrected, rolling my eyes. "And you? Why are you holding Yam's phone?"

The guy droned on sarcastically, "Because I'm her manager, don't you remember?"

As if I care who you are in Yam's life.

"Jon? Where's Yam? Let me talk to her." I said with traces of annoyance on my tone.

"No, you can't. She's very busy these past few days. I'll just tell her that you called." Sensing that something is up, I did what my guts tell me to do. "Are you sure she really is BUSY?" I bravely asked, giving emphasis on the last word.

"Of course! What else would she be doing?" The voice on the other line has raised his voice a bit as if concealing something from me.

"Yeah, sure!" Knowing that I won't get something from this guy, I immediately ended the call. "Tell her to call me back. Bye."

Gosh, even with just his voice, he still sounds like a maniac! I wonder why Yam still doesn't change her management.

He's awful and it's kind of weird. Yam won't let anyone hold her phone. Anyway, I'll just call her again some other time. I threw my phone on the bed as I let myself relax again in this rainy season. I know I still have remaining classes to attend to but my bed seems like inviting me to enjoy a short nap even more. I guess, I'll just be reporting to class late.

This is the kind of feeling that I want. It doesn't stress me out. It is very calming and romantic. Yes, romantic. It takes me back to the time when Kim finally stopped being a bitch to me and covered me with her umbrella so I won't get drenched from the rain.

My endless thoughts of Kim came to halt when I heard voices laughing in my dad's office that is just below my bedroom. Curious as to what they're talking about, I slowly went right in front of his door when I overheard the other guy say, "I told you, I came here because of Kim. I thought I would never see that kid being this happy. It feels like she has found a new life."

Oh, so Uncle Edward is here.

"And you think it's because of my daughter?" My dad asked.

"Yes. Why would I think of anybody else? I think we did the right thing."

"Well, didn't I agree right away?" My dad let out a soft laugh. "The kids need some time alone for themselves. We don't need to rush things."