Complications

M: Hello, Kimhan?

K: Mom, what's the matter?

M: Where are you? I need you to come home now. Please, baby?

K: Mom, we talked about this already.

M: It's about your Dad.

K: He's sick. He got stroke 3 weeks ago without us being aware.

M: Whattt?

Kim dropped the phone as soon as she heard the horrible news from her mom. Her mind was deeply troubled by the fact that even her dad kicked her out, she still cares so much about him and it hurts her immensely. Pie, on the other didn't sense Kim's change in demeanor because the latter did her best not to ruin the moment and just flaunt her composed self in front of the brunette. After bidding goodbye, Kim didn't waste much time to inform her mom to meet her up somewhere because right now, she doesn't have the guts to face her dad most especially in that condition of him.

She was informed that luckily, her dad was brought to the hospital just in time but because of some brain injuries he incurred, he had been in comatose for almost 2 weeks. Not too long, her dad survived that condition easily and even the doctor seeing him wake up sooner than expected is considered a great miracle. He knows that her dad hated being confined so it's not a big revelation to her that the family chose to continue the resting and medications at home.

====-

The next day at the university grandstand....

"Oh bro, what happened to you? You look like crap! Hahaha..." Zee commented as she saw Mario approaching their usual meeting area in the grandstand.

Showing off his obvious boredom, Mario rolled his eyes and threw his backpack at the corner where Nan is currently seated. "The class sucks! The only thing that got my attention was the students' talk right now, the senior night."

"Yeah, I've heard that too. God, my classmates couldn't stop babbling about it." Hongyok divulged in.

Zee puts her arm to Jane's shoulder and joins the conversation. "So what do you thinks guys, probably one of these days we could go out together to buy suits and dresses?"

"Of course, because my dress should match your suit, babe." Jane concurred, kissing her Zee's cheek.

"Me too." Nan agreed to Jane's idea, pointing her gaze to Hongyok as if silently communicating that their clothes should match each other as well. Startled by her own words and the looks her friends are giving, she quickly blurts out other possible interpretation to what she has said. "Uhh..I mean me too I want to join you guys in shopping so I could see how adorable you two are."

"Ehem!" Mario interrupted.

Knowing what Mario is trying to say, Zee fervently bites back. "Whoa, I forgot that someone doesn't have a date here yet."

"Don't assume bro, since I have my eyes set on someone right now. See yah!"

"W—Wait Mario!! Spill it out first!"

====

After the bell rang signaling the end of lunch time, Pie's group went on separate ways to go to their respective classes in the afternoon. Fern decided to accompany Pie since they'll be on the same floor and to personally ask her cousin what has occupied her mind.