Little Number Five

Start from the beginning

"How'd you know about that?" Luther asked and Eleanor eye rolled before answering for Five.

   "What part of the future do you not understand?" She asked as Five gave her another smile.

"Heart failure huh?" Five asked.

   "Yeah." Diego said.

   "No." Luther instantly added as Eleanor sighed to herself.

"Nice to see nothing's changed." Five announced as he left the kitchen, sandwich in hand.

   "Uh, that's it? That's all you have to say?" Allison asked in disbelief.

"What else is there to say? The circle of life." Five said with a shrug as he left the family alone.

   "Well...that was interesting." Luther said as Eleanor quickly got up and followed Five.

"Five!" She called out and he stopped and turned towards her with a sad smile.

   "I've missed you Ellie." He said as a tear slowly came to his eye, but he blinked it away before the girl could see.

Eleanor instantly wrapped the smaller boy in a hug as she rested her head on top of his. "I've missed you too." She said as she let a few tears fall.

After a moment of comforting silence, the two finally pulled away from each other to get a better look at one another.

"How'd you get that?" Five asked, referencing the cut on her head.

   "Oh, I fell when you came through whatever that was." Eleanor said as she gingerly touched the cut, wincing in the process.

"No, I mean the scar. Near your eye." Five clarified and the girl looked away, trying to decide how much to tell him.

"Ellie?" Five asked worriedly and she looked at him with tear filled eyes.

   "There was an accident and I..." Eleanor began, but was interrupted by Vanya entering the living room.

Five quickly turned to see the timid girl before looking back to Eleanor, who was already wiping her tears away.

"I'll let you two catch up." Eleanor said before smiling at Vanya and leaving the room.

   "Hey, you okay?" A voice asked and Eleanor turned to find Diego with a concerned expression.

"Yeah I'm fine. Just tired." Eleanor admitted, suddenly feeling an overwhelming need to sleep.

   "Let's get you checked out by Mom." Diego said as he brought her to where Mom was currently recharging.

"Hey Mom," Diego began and the woman turned to him with her usual smile.

   "Hi Diego! Is something wrong?" She asked as a look of concern crossed her features.

"Yeah, It's Eleanor. She fell outside and cut her head." He said softly and Grace quickly got up and moved to sit near Eleanor.