Chapter Twenty-Six

Start from the beginning

"Weed? I'm up for weed!" JJ's expression lit up as Pope rolled his eyes in annoyance.

"Wheat." Pope corrected, putting an emphasis on the T. "I said wheat."

"After you." Kie grinned, gesturing for Sarah to get out.

"Ladies first. Alley-oop." Sarah replied.

"You got this?" JJ asked, looking from the overgrown wall.

Fallon blinked, nodding her head and rolling her shoulders back. "Totally. It's just practice stunt-work."

JJ shrugged, watching as she, with a little struggle, managed to get herself over the wall. Kie, John B, Pope, himself, and Sarah followed her over.

Silence blanketed the group, the only sounds coming from the grass crunching under their feet and the crickets in the distance. Fallon gulped, glancing up at the empty house that loomed over them. Somehow, at night it was even more eery than during the day.

Fallon's heart sank and she dropped to her knees behind a bush when a porch light flickered on. 

"Shit!" Sarah whispered harshly, shooing the other pogues behind the bush.

"Flashlights." Kie ordered. "Flashlights."

"It's on strobe." JJ panted, smacking his hand against the flashlight in an attempt to change the setting.

"Sh!" John B shushed, raising his finger up to his lips.

"Okay.." Pope breathed out shakily, "Okay, so, she has motion sensor on her lights."

"We could.. uh.. move really slowly? Maybe?"

"What?" Sarah rose her eyebrows, shaking her head in confusion.

"Yeah, that's not how it works." Pope shook his head.

"Or.." Fallon trailed off, wringing her hands togethr as her eyes focused on the light that was still shining on them. "We high-tail it? We're in before she notices the lights are on."

"Yeah, that's not how it works either."

"Oh, shit, let's throw a rock at it." John B suggested.

"What?" Pope hissed.

"That's a really good idea!" Kie said sarcastically, "Let the axe murderer know we're here."

"You'd be the first to die in a horror movie."

"Throw a rock at it?" Pope repeated.

"You got a better idea?" John B challenged.

"Literally anything but that."

 Sarah's face lit up with a sudden realization as she sat up. "What about the breaker? In the circuit box on the porch? We used to play hide-and-seek here as kids. And we were brave enough to go all the way up to the porch. I've seen it."

"No, no." John B shook his head in disagreement, "You're not going in the house alone."

"Watch me." 

"Crain chops people up into little pieces." JJ pointed out as Fallon hummed in agreement.

"Like Dahmer."

"If you believe that." Sarah shrugged, "But she's, like, what, eighty-five?"

"Yeah, something like that."

"She's probably barely still kicking."

"Here, I'll go with you." Kie said as Sarah grinned at her.

"Me too."

"Wait, what, nuh-uh. No way-" JJ spoke quickly, grabbing her hand and pulling her back beside him.

"JJ, I'll be fine." Fallon shrugged, pulling her hand from his and patting him on the face. "No worries. Hakuna Matata, right?"

"What.." JJ blinked, giving Fallon enough time to get to her feet and stand beside Kie and Sarah.

"We'll wait for your signal."

"Okay, cool."

"Hey," John B stopped Sarah, pressing a kiss against the back of her hand. "Stay safe."

"We will."

"If you die, I'm killing you." JJ pointed at Fallon.

"Can't kill someone twice." Fallons shrugged, "Thems the facts." 

JJ gave her a look, causing her to roll her eyes and nod her head. "I won't die. No worries."

{ A/n: it's been way too long! but i started school two weeks ago so ive been a lil busy! im getting into the rythm so hopefully more updates'll be comin along!"

{ Edited: No }