Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight:
It's A Very Bad Idea
.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"Woah, careful there." JJ teased, reaching forward and stopping her from toppling onto the dock as Fallon's foot caught on the rope.

"Uh," Fallon blushed as she straightened her back, brushing herself off and looking up at him. "Thanks, JJ."

"'Course." JJ winked, "Can't let my Fallon drown, now can I?"

"Uh, no you cannot." Fallon giggled, "Speaking of drowning, did you know it takes longer to drown in saltwater than freshwater? Yeah, I know, kinda weird. But it's because of, like, I don't know, the difference in salt for your blood and shit so it puts a strain on your immune system. Kinda crazy-"

"That's super cool. Sounds terrible, but cool." JJ grinned, glancing over at John B, Kie, and Pope as they kept their eyes trained on them, clearly annoyed with having to wait for them.

"What do you guys think it is?" Kie asked, drawing Fallon's attention away from JJ and over to her. She caught Fallon's eye and gestured for her and JJ to join them. 

"Oh, right, right. Right, yes." Fallon muttered, hurrying over to stand beside Kie. "I hope it's money."

"Definitely gotta be money, right?" John B agreed, looking up at Fallon as he unzipped the bag. 

"That or a couple of keys with street value to the to mid mills!" JJ grinned, leaning over and nudging Fallon as she shook her head. "Right?"

"Totally." Fallon nodded in agreement, clicking her tongue as he shifted nervously. "Duh-"

"Can we please just open the bag?" Pope said quickly, interrupting Fallon's sentence. She turned to him, shock crossing her face at her sudden outburst.

"Wow, Pope." John B said slowly, shaking his head as he shared a look with the other three, "That's a rare outburst of emotion.

"Okay, you guys are literally killing me with anticipation!" Pope spoke wildly, gesturing to the bag. "Just open the bag!"

"Okay, okay, jeez." JJ laughed, his eyes widening at Pope's outburst.

"We almost died over this!" Pope grumbled as John B slowly unzipped the bag and reached inside, only to pull out a smaller bag.

"Is that a fucking water bottle?" Fallon scoffed, crossing her arms in disbelief. "No way did I almost die for this."

JJ chuckled, causing Fallon to blush as John B carefully opened the canister. Fallon leaned forward in anticipation as John B tipped the canister over, his eyes widening as a compass fell into his hands. "A compass."

"Oh, wow! Yup. That's about right." Pope said sarcastically, standing up straight and rolling his eyes in disbelief. "Good job, everybody, we found a compass."

 "A cool compass." Fallon trailed off, resting her hand on John B's shoulder comfortingly.

JJ huffed, pulling his hat from his head as he watched John B study the compass in his hand. "Dude, what? It's not worth anything."

"This was my father's."

~~

"I'm just saying," JJ started, "I don't understand why you don't at least try with Kiara. She clearly likes you! She's like Oh! John B!"

"Is that what she does?" John B rose his eyebrows, glancing over at JJ.