Chapter Five

Chapter Five:
Illegal Sharpies
﹤⳾ ⳾ ⳾﹡⊹﹡⳾ ⳾ ⳾ ⳾﹥

"Could have warned us a little sooner." JJ said, glancing over at Fallon as she avoided his eyes.

"We would have, except pope was on the math team." Kie joked, causing Pope to shift nervously under his gaze.

"You were on the math team?"

"The cops took everything like it was a crime scene." John B said, changing the subject.

"Did you guys find anything?" Pope asked.

"Did we find anything?" JJ said, sitting up and pulling something from his back pocket. "No, I don't think so. Oh, yeah, we did."

"Holy shit!" Fallon exclaimed, reaching over and pulling the gun from his hands. "Your prints are all over this now!"

"So are yours, Fal." JJ snickered, pulling the gun from her hands. "Careful with this, it's real."

Fallon pursed her lips, nodding her head, "Will do."

"What the hell?" Pope hissed, his eyes widening in shock.

"Dude, what?" Kie said, leaning forward and shaking her head.

"Dude, chill, come on." JJ said as he stood up. Fallon followed him with her eyes as Pope began to panic.

"Why would you take that from a crime scene?" He said, his voice quiet but stern as he watched JJ.

"It's better than the cops having it!" JJ argued.

"I mean... Is it?" Fallon trailed off, looking away when JJ turned to look at her. "Isn't it their job to do stuff like this?"

"I'm gonna lose my merit scholarship!" Pope shook his head again.

"Hey, hey, hey, hey.." JJ cooed, placing his hand on the back of Pope's neck. "Sh, sh, sh, sh. At least you have us, right?"

"I'm living the nightmare." Pope scoffed, sitting down next to John B. Fallon blushed and her heart skipped a beat as JJ sat next to her and tossed an arm around her shoulders loosely. 

"He-Hey, did, uh, did you guys know that dolphins get high off of fuckin' slamming their faces into pufferfish? No? Okay.." 

"No, we did not." JJ shook his head as he turned his head to look at her, a goofy grin spreading across his face as she smiled nervously. "But we do now. Thanks, Fal."

~~

Fallon grimaced as the woman sobbed over her husband's dead body. John B followed her gaze, knitting his eyebrows together when he saw it. "Who's that?"

"It's Scooter Grubbs." A blonde girl answered as she pulled out her phone, "He was out during the storm. Check out this pic I got. Dead body."

"Damn." Fallon muttered, glancing up at JJ as he leaned over her to look at the girl's phone. 

"Insane." 

"Holy shit." Kie gasped, scrunching her nose up at the sight. 

"What kind of boat did he have?" JJ asked, reaching down and messing with the bun Fallon had her hair in. Fallon looked up at him, jokingly glaring at him as he stuck his tongue out at her. Secretly, Fallon liked when he played with her hair. It was comforting.