Chapter Twenty-Three

Pogues For Life.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。

Fallon hummed as she tossed Kie another rag, helping her wipe down the empty tables, Kie had to finish before they could go out on the boat, and Fallon thought it would go faster if she helped. JJ watched Fallon, trying his best to be respectful of where his eyes fell to, as John B explained his new living situation. 

"Sorry, you're staying where?" Kie asked, a hint of annoyance and anger dripping from her tone. Understandably, of course. John B had promised her, just last night, that nothing was happening between him and Sarah. Now, not only had she seen her kiss him, she finds out that he's now living under the same roof as her. All while knowing what Sarah had done to her Freshman year. If she were Kie, she would be pretty pissed herself. 

"Tannyhill." John B answered, fidgeting with his hands as he looked up at her.

"So, you're living with Sarah Cameron?" Kie repeated, pursing her lips and humming to herself. "Interesting."

"Is nothing still happening or is something happening?" Fallon asked, tossing the rag onto her shoulder and walking over to JJ. The blond boy glanced at her, straightening his back and squaring his shoulders. 

"Okay, look," John B sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "The only reason I'm living there is because her dad bailed me out, right? It's way better than foster care, which, by the way, is where I was about to go if Ward didn't-"

"Still fuckboy-ish." Fallon hummed, grabbing JJ's wrist and pulling the cup he held to her lips. John B rolled his eyes as JJ pulled his hand back, faking an angry look at her. 

"Hey, so, does this mean you have a membership to the clubs now?" Pope interrupted as Fallon reached up and swiped the hat from JJ's head. She gave him a teasing look as she rested it on her head. JJ rolled his eyes teasingly, biting back his grin as his eyes danced over her joyful expression. He didn't care that she often stole his things, especially his grey sweatshirt. He thought it looked better on her, anyway. Not only that, but it drove him absolutely crazy to see her wearing his clothes. 

"I don't know, Pope." John B groaned.

"Oh, oh, oh!" Fallon suddenly exclaimed, turning towards him. "Do you get those, uh.."

"Golf carts." JJ spoke for her. "What about those golf carts they get to drive around? You get one of them?"

"Does it come with a sweater-vest or do you have to go buy one of those on your own?" Pope continued, resting his hands on the back of his head.

"What about the entitlement?" Fallon raised her eyebrows, yawning as she leaned on the table. "You gonna get any more of that?"

"Wait, did you say-" John B started, turning to his attention on her, his eyebrows knitted together. 

"Look, you promised." Kie said, her voice wavering as she leaned on the table and looked down at him. "You said you weren't with her."

John B shrugged, avoiding making eye contact with her as he looked towards JJ for help. "Bro, just own it. She got you."

"You wanna talk about that?" John B raised his eyebrows, "What about y-"