Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven: 
Jaedyn Smitherion
.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

POSSIBLE TRIGGER WARNING: brief mention of sexual assault in paragraph 12

Fallon had never been lucky in the dating department, whether it be because JJ didn't like the vibe of the boy and run him off before anything could start or the boy turned out to be shitty in the end, either way, it seemed that true love was taking its sweet, sweet time to get to her.

She could remember one specific event that changed the game for her. She was fourteen, just out of freshman year, and ready to take on the summer with her three favorite boys. A week into summer she met a boy, a tourist, or touron, as JJ shamelessly called him, much to her dismay.

Jaedyn Smitherion. Even his name caused butterflies to erupt in her stomach. He was staying there for the summer with his family. They'd met at a kegger by the fire. He'd complimented her on her shirt and she'd nervously stuttered out a fact and am awkward thank you. Jaedyn laughed, motioning for her to join him. She did, and the rest was history. 

He was tall, dark, handsome... and older. He played basketball, and he said he even had a shot at going pro at the rate he was going. Fallon was mesmerized by the way he spoke. So fancy and gentlemen like, completely different from how boys had spoken to her where she lived. It's part of the reason she wanted so desperately to leave. Boys she'd seen on Instagram and Tik Tok just seemed wildly kinder and better than the boys in her town.

From the moment she saw Jaedyn, Fallon was whipped. He was everything she'd ever dreamed of and more. To her, he was perfect. He had her under his spell after one date, and she wouldn't have it any other way. She'd come to regret how easily she let herself go all-in with him, but at the time she was blinded by love for him.

 From the moment JJ saw him, he hated him. He hated him with a passion, he saw him as someone who was only out to corrupt and hurt Fallon, and he didn't like that one bit. JJ didn't bother to hide his disdain for Jaedyn, either. It wasn't just JJ who didn't like him, John B and Pope didn't either, though they were much less vocal about their distaste for him to spare Fallon's feelings. In the end, it didn't matter. 

It felt like one big nightmare in the ending days of their relationship. In the beginning, the relationship was perfect. She didn't care that he would have to leave when summer ended, and neither did he. He said he was willing to go long-distance with her. Now she wondered if that was just another lie. 

She could remember the heartache as clear as day, it was her first breakup, her first heartbreak. As much as she hated to admit it, Jaedyn helped shape who she grew up to be. Because even three years later, she could still remember how he made her feel. For better or for worse. 

Fallon sighed loudly as she stared at her reflection in the mirror. A pink face mask coated her face, an attempt at self-care to make herself feel better. it didn't. A half-empty and now cold cup of coffee sat on her bedside table, beside the plate of freshly baked cookies. They were still warm. Harry Styles played in the background as she sighed, shaking her head and blinking away the tears. 

Her heart ached, more than she'd ever thought it could. Her heart ached so deeply she could feel it in her bones. She couldn't believe it, she didn't want to believe it. \

She felt so dirty. So used. He'd used her, and everyone else saw it. They'd all tried to warn her, but she'd convinced herself and them that he wasn't what they said. That he was good, and that he actually loved her. How could she be so... stupid? So naïve?