Chapter Twenty-Six

Start from the beginning

"Did not!" JJ cut him off, causing Pope to huff in annoyance. Kie and Sarah weren't bothered by the pair's bickering back and forth, far too invested in the pictures from that year. 

"Did too!" 

"Did not." JJ's eyes narrowed as he leaned back. 

"Did not."

"Did too!" JJ blurted, his eyes widening when he realized his mistake. "Wai-"

"Ha!" Fallon cheered, smiling in satisfaction. JJ rolled his eyes as she stuck out her tongue at him. "I win again!"

"Only because I let you!" JJ threw his hands up.

"Oh, yeah?" Fallon bit back a giggle, allowing her smile to shine through.

"Yeah!"

"Oh, yeah?"

"Yeah! I always let the pretty ones win."

"I-" Fallon sucked in a harsh breath, her cheeks flushing red. "Did, uh. did you guys know that a Polar Bear and Grizzly Bear baby is called a Pizzy Bear? How cute, right? Ha, ha.. Uh, anyway-"

"Ha! See, this time, I let myself win." JJ spoke triumphantly. 

"Oh, yeah?"

"Yeah."

"Oh, yea-"

"Hey!" John B's annoyed voice cut her off, "We aren't doing that again."

"Fine."

"As I was saying, before I was rudely interrupted." John B glanced at Fallon through the rear view mirror, a teasing tone evident. 

"Shut up!" Fallon laughed, her hand flying over her mouth.

"We have a Pulley?" John B moved on.

"Check." Kie nodded, shutting her phone off and shoving it back in her pocket.

"Dark clothes?"

"Got it." Sarah confirmed.

"Flashlights?"

"Duh." Fallon raised up the bag beside her feet.

"All right, good." John B said, slowing the van to a stop. "We're ready."

"Let's go!" Kie cheered.

"Let's go get rich, guys." JJ said as he helped Fallon out of the van.

"Yeah, hell yeah!" 

"Go boys-"

"And girls." Kie and Fallon added in unison.

"Let's get to it."

"Let's roll."

"Wait, wait, wait."

Fallon turned her eyes onto John B, her expression softening. "You okay?"

"Yeah, I just wanna say thank you, guys. Seriously. It means a lot to me that you're here tonight."

"Always." Kie responded.

"Anytime, man." Pope raised his fist as he spoke.

"My man." John B echoed, reaching forward to do their handshake. 

Fallon's lips curved up as she tossed an arm around his shoulders, though due to the height difference she had to stand on her tippy toes, and even then, she was still struggling to reach. "Duh. What are friends for, dude?"

JJ shifted, jealousy flashing in his eyes as he looked away from the pair. "Alright, we done with the circle jerk? Can we do this?"

"Let's go get that wheat from the water!" Pope cheered.