Chapter Fifty-One.

Start from the beginning

"Are you hungry?" He asked finally and when I looked at him he was already staring at me, his green eyes expectant.

"No, are you?"

"Yeah, actually, turns out almost two days of sex can ignite quite the appetite," he teased and I could feel my cheeks getting hot as I swatted at his shoulder.

"What do you want, babe?" I chose to ignore his remark, though, because it was true.

"You don't have to cook for me."

"Harry," I tried again. "What do you want for breakfast."

"You," he answered cockily and before I knew it, he was gently sliding his body over mine and his lips were hungry against my own.

I giggled as I tried my hardest to push him off of me. He smiled down at me with his lip pulled between his teeth before saying, "okay, have I ever told you how sexy my wife is?"

"You may have mentioned it a few times," I teased him as I wiggled out from underneath him. I must have stood up from the bed too quick because black overtook my vision and the room felt like it was spinning. Something wasn't right, something definitely was not right.

"Lillian, baby, are you okay?" And I could feel Harry's warmth on me, but I couldn't see him and I could barely stand. I tried to tell him to call someone, anyone, but I couldn't get the words out and pretty soon everything went black and I could feel my legs give out from underneath me.

-------------

Harry's POV-

Lily was still unconscious and I was still shaking, still absolutely fucking terrified out of my mind. They said they weren't sure what happened or why she'd passed out, and if we hadn't of gotten here sooner than that would have been it for her. I couldn't even comprehend that.

They had her hooked back up to all these IV's that were supposed to be helping her, but I couldn't understand how these IV's could be helping her when the damn doctors weren't even sure of what was wrong with her. An oxygen mask was stuck to her face, breathing for her apparently because she had yet to wake up. It had been almost six hours. Guess they were right when they said that the honeymoon couldn't last forever.

A light tap on the door made me stand up from where I was holding Lily's hand. He was a short doctor with a bald head and glasses that were way too big for his face.

"Mr. Styles?" He asked nervously and he was reading off his clipboard instead of actually talking to me which pissed me off beyond extremes.

"Obviously," I snapped and he sighed before closing his clipboard completely.

"We've finally figured out what' wrong with your wife, Sir, and I'm afraid that what happened this morning was a result of her lungs shutting down."

"But that can be fixed right?" Fuck. Fuck. No. No. No. Shit, I was crying.

He sighed before slowly shaking his head. "I'm afraid not. Apparently the dialysis treatments did more harm than help here, and I wish there was something we could do but there isn't. Her lungs are shutting down now and it's only a matter of time before the rest of her organs start doing the same thing- if they haven't already. I'm sorry."

I was in full hysterics now, letting the loud sobs take over my body. The man stood there with his hand on my shoulder, but it was obvious that his sympathy was bullshit. The love of his life wasn't fucking dying in a hospital bed.

I probably stood against the wall outside of her hospital room crying until there were no tears left to cry. When I was sure I was done- when I was sure I could fake being strong for her, I wiped my eyes and walked right back into her room and took my spot next to her bed.

"Mm, Harry," she mumbled softly after I had been staring at her for at least twenty minutes. She didn't open her eyes, but she did smile. "Come here."

I climbed into the bed beside her and she lazily rested her head on my shoulder. I was crying again, God dammit, and i should have been strong for her but I wasn't it.

"It's bad, isn't it?" She sighed. She was still as white as a ghost and she just looked so frail.

"Yeah, baby, it's bad." I managed to choke out. I wanted to promise her that everything would be okay. I wanted to so fucking bad, but I couldn't lie to her.

She hummed before saying, "sing to me."

And it was an odd request, really, and very hard to do while I was still sobbing but I managed to choke out the first line of the song my mother would sing to me when I was younger to help me sleep.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine"

I closed my eyes tight, hoping that would stop the tears from coming and it helped me sing the next song.

"You make me happy, when skies are gray."

You need to be strong, I reminded myself. For her.

"You'll never know dear how much I love you."

Don't you fucking dare break down.

"Please don't take my sunshine away."