Chapter Twenty.

Harry's POV-

These days it seemed like all of my time was spent at the police station. It was odd, really, being in a police station and being on the other side of the bars. I was grateful that there was a huge door separating the station from the actual cells because hearing the people in the cells all day would get rather annoying. I'd been on the other side of that door, and I knew that almost every single person thrown into a cell was vulgar.

Officer White had called me and practically begged me to come in and finish up some paperwork he forgot, apologizing over and over because he knew that I normally didn't come in on weekends. Lily handled weekends and I wouldn't even get the satisfaction of seeing her because she usually clocked out at two.

My hands were sore from the constant writing and I was absolutely bored out of my fucking mind. The only thing keeping my sanity in tact was the small radio that managed to echo quietly through the whole station.

"I'll be quick, i swear." Squeaky shoes echoed through the place, causing me to roll my eyes because I would have to deal with whatever problem they had. I got up from my chair and peeked out into the front. Relief washed over me when I saw two heads of brown hair bobbing towards the back, one of them all too familiar.

"Lillian," I said coolly, causing her to nearly jump out of her skin at an unexpected voice.

"Harry what the hell. What are you doing here?" she asked. Her friend seemed to have a bit of a staring problem and I wanted so badly to call her out on it.

"Working," I said instead, lifting up my pen and the page I was working on for proof. "why are you here? you should have clocked out two hours ago."

"my wallet," she explained, holding the pink object in the air. Her little friend still stared, and being the asshole that I was I couldn't help but make a comment on it.

"What are you looking at?" I asked her, a smile on my face and a scowl on hers.

"Harry," Lily scolded. I was only going to back off for Lily. "This is Amelia. Amelia, Harry."

I had known Amelia for approximately seven minutes and I already disliked her. She just had that look about her- the look that every preppy girl had about them. I hated preppy girls. Her light brown hair seemed to shine even though there was literally no sun and I could smell her flowery perfume all the way from where I was standing. She was tiny, at least compared to me she was.

"Who knew that the infamous Harry Styles was actually a massive douche bag," Amelia mumbled. Lily looked over at her, her eyes nearly bugging out of her head. I barely scoffed.

"Everyone, actually," I retorted. "But that's also coming from a girl who isn't even tall enough to touch my shoulders." Amelia rolled her eyes and Lily seemed to suppress a laugh.

"Harold, be nice," Lily warned, even though it was obvious she was enjoying the back and forth. "And Matty says hello by the way."

"Matty?" I wondered. "From the record store?"

She nodded, leaning against her desk as Amelia stood there awkwardly. "Do you know any other Matty's? Of course from the record store."

She had gone back there. She had actually gone back there. I don't know why it was such a big deal, or why the thought of her browsing through those stupid tubs made me excited, but it did.

"What were you doing at Smith's? Couldn't get enough?" I teased.

She rolled her eyes, crossing her arms over her chest. The white beanie that covered her lough brown curls was about to slip off and she looked gorgeous even though she was dressed simply.

"Actually," she started. "I just wanted more All Time Low."

The excitement I felt literally sparked inside of me. "I told you so," I said coolly, hoping she couldn't detect that I was actually somewhat freaking out.

She nodded, a smile tugging at her perfectly pink lips. "I only got it to listen to it with Louis."

The excitement boiling inside of me just moments before was now flat at the mention of his name. It was so hard to remember him when Lily and I had moments like this.

"He likes more of the heavier stuff because he likes to try and imitate it on the drums, but he seems to like All Time Low," she continued.

It pissed me off that she listened to All Time Low with Louis. I had showed them to her, she shouldn't be enjoying the music with some other guy. Maybe I was being selfish, but the thought of those two singing Jasey Rae together made me physically sick.

"Shouldn't he be back at school already? You know, back in Florida?" I snapped, causing Lily's face to harden. She was about to go in defense mode, I could feel it.

"Actually, he transferred back up here. He doesn't like being so far away from his family. That really isn't any of your business, though."

From the corner of my eye, I could see Amelia awkwardly shifting from one foot to another. I felt bad for the poor girl, her first time meeting me and she was already witnessing a Harry and Lily argument.

"Speaking of Louis, he wants us to come over. You in?" She turned to Amelia, her face back to the glowing, soft Lily that made it impossible to stay made at her.

Amelia quickly nodded her head. She was still clearly out of it as Lily looped her arm through hers and nearly dragged her out of the station.