Chapter Twenty-Three.

Harry's Pov.-

"Harry?" An unfamiliar voice asked through the phone. I glanced at the alarm clock: 3:15. I groaned loudly, letting whoever it was know that I was pissed but I was listening.

"It's Amelia, Lily's friend." Her voice was panicky and I wondered why the hell she was calling me when I barely even knew her and clearly disliked her. "Lily's plastered and Louis isn't picking up his phone and I'm freaking out because she won't get off the ground-"

"Where are you?" I asked. I didn't bother to throw a shirt on as I pulled on shoes. I had never gotten out of bed quicker in my life.

"We're downtown. Louis left an hour ago after they got into an argument and I'm sorry if I woke you, but I just didn't know who else to call."

"Is she alright?" The laces of my shoes slapped against the steps as I raced to my car.

"I don't know," she answered and it sounded like she was crying.

I stayed on the phone with Amelia until I saw her sitting on a bench downtown. She was shivering and Lillian was curled into a ball beside her using her lap as a pillow. It was the middle of fucking October and they were both wearing simple little dresses without jackets. No matter the situation, next time I saw Louis I was kicking his ass.

"Go get in the truck," I said harshly, causing Amelia to snap her head up and scurry. She scooted to the middle and watched me as I picked Lily up bridal-style from the wooden bench.

"Harry?" Her voice was faint and slurred. What happened to the girl who never drank?

With Amelia's help, I was able to situate Lillian in the truck and get her buckled in. Lily could barely hold herself up and she kept babbling on about Louis as she rested her head in Amelia's lap. Amelia spoke kind words to her and ran her fingers through her hair until she fell asleep.

"Why were you guys downtown anyway?" I whispered aggressively.

Amelia snapped her head in my direction. How was she so sober and Lily was a drunken mess?

"Louis took us to this club that he knew we could get into. It was supposed to be fun," she sighed. Little did she know that nothing was ever fun when Louis was around.

"Do you know what they were arguing about?" I wondered, my eyes kept drifting towards Lily although I knew they should have been on the road in front of me.

"He was all over her and he kept giving her drinks and trying to kiss her neck. She told him to stop after,like, the tenth time he tried it and he didn't like that and they just started fighting and he stormed out."

This was the last fucking straw with him. I talked myself out of beating his ass Tuesday when he made her cry, and now i couldn't seem to contain my rage. He was messing her up so bad and she didn't even see it. She seemed more hurt than happy lately and that tore me apart.

"You love her, don't you?" Amelia asked. The ride had been silent up until this point.

"What?" I wondered. Lily stirred around in her sleep, letting out a sigh when she realized there was no way she could get comfortable.

"Lily. You love her. You're literally an asshole to everyone but her." I didn't say anything, I couldn't. "You came to her rescue so fast tonight, I-"

"Enough-enough," I quieted her. "I do love her, but she loves Louis and that's the way it is." I had accepted it by now and I was perfectly content with loving someone who could never love me back.

Amelia stared at me, her blue eyes seeming to pierce right through me. "She has feelings for you too, Harry. She may not admit it to anyone, or to herself even, but it's there."