Chapter Twenty-Seven.

Lily's pov-

The phone on my night stand went off for the tenth time since I had pulled my calculus book out only an hour ago. I picked it up, hoping that it was someone else. It was, of course, Louis.

Lily, come on. You've been ignoring me all day

Okay, maybe I had been ignoring him and maybe I had deleted every single one of the messages he had sent me today without reading them. And it was totally possible that I didn't even need to study calculus and I just needed to keep myself busy. I needed a break. I needed time away from Harry and Louis. I needed time to think.

The phone went off again and I cringed.

If you don't respond Lily I swear to god I'm coming over

And I didn't respond because I wanted to see if he was bluffing. He was out with some of his soccer friends and I wanted to see if he would drop everything for me. Very unlikely.

With an eye roll and a sigh I held down the button and slid my iPhone off. I didn't want to be bothered with this anymore. The whole situation was turning my brain into mush.

Calculus was boring and I wasn't really all that great at math anyway. Twenty minutes had passed and there was still no-

"No thanks, Mrs. James. That bread looks amazing but I'm absolutely stuffed," I heard his voice from down the hall. He wasn't bluffing and I had spoken too soon.

My door swung open so quick. His hair was flattened to his forehead and a four day scruff outlined his jaw. He was clad in sweatpants and a soccer jersey that fit him a little too well.

"Hi Louis," I said quietly and i was kind of confused because I hadn't heard him come in.

"Your sister let me in," he explained, plopping down beside me on the bed. I made a mental note to tell Ariana that she had to tell me when company was over instead of just sending them up.

I sucked in a breath as he rested his hand on my bare leg. I was comfortable being in my pajamas with Louis around because god only knows how many times he had slept over.

"What's up?" I asked innocently, trying my hardest to ignore the way his nails and fingertips grazed over my leg.

"Don't play dumb Lily," he scoffed. "What's wrong?"

"I don't know what you're-"

"You've been ignoring me. All day. What's the deal?" And even though it was an innocent question, he spit the words out harshly. I tensed up and could hardly stand his hand on my leg anymore.

Now I had two options. I could tell Louis the truth, the whole truth. About how Harry and I had kissed (more than once, actually) and how I thought I had feelings for Harry but had feelings for him, too. Or I could lie and tell him I just didn't feel well. If I lied, it would only make things worse when he actually did find out.

"Louis," I said almost inaudibly. I had to spit it out fast before i mentally talked myself out of it.

"Yeah?" He wondered, scooting up beside me and resting against the headboard. I fought the urge to yell at him for wearing shoes in my bed. Not the time, Lillian, not the time.

"I kissed Harry," I spat out. And I waited for him to yell or punch something or tell me how awful I was, but it didn't happen. Complete silence.

"Well, Harry kissed me. Either way I'm all confused now because I thought I loved you but I may also have feelings for him." He exhaled loudly through his nose, almost as if he had been holding his breath this whole time.