"I don't know him as well as you do but the guy did care for you greatly." Mai spoke sincerely.

Téa decided to tell her of all she knew and what had happened two days ago. Téa had spent two long days without seeing him at all and she missed him greatly. Mai listened without interrupting her and making her observations. When Téa was done, Mai chuckled which startled Téa.

"Hon, the guy's in love with you. Don't doubt it. Everyone who has seen you two lovebirds will know you're falling for each other." Mai winked at her shocked friend.

"No, that... can hardly be true." Mai rolled her eyes.

"How do you explain him being on top of you almost kissing you then?" Téa frowned a little.

"Physical reaction maybe? We just fell, and it was a pure accident." Mai almost snorted.

"Please, who landed on top first? It was you, wasn't it?" without waiting for a reply Mai continued, "Then Atem switched your places pinning you to the floor between it and himself. He had every intention of doing it and was aware of it. It wasn't luck nor an accident, Atem did that on purpose." Oh, how Téa wished this to be true.

"I... I want you to be right." The brunette admitted.

"You need to tell him how you feel." Téa paled at the instant of this possibility. "Weren't you regretting not telling him before in the first place?" Mai's tone was accusing, and she was right.

"I'm just afraid, that's all. Fine, I'll try and talk to him next time." Téa promised.

"Good, now eat your lunch because you're so thin you might break. I'm sure you haven't eaten properly during the past year." Mai scolded her.

Mai was right, of course. Téa had neglected everything because of her grief. Téa wished only for Atem to be here and everything else did not matter at all. They finished their meals and went to Mai's car. As soon as they left, Téa felt a strange feeling as if they were followed. Her instincts were fairly right. Téa saw them follow the car with inhumane superspeed. Oh no, not now.

"Mai, watch out. They're following us!" Téa warned her.

"What..." before Mai could ask, she saw the two silhouettes advancing quickly. "Oh well, I've been in this place before," she muttered and grabbed the wheel. "Hold on," Mai told Téa before taking a wild turn back.

Téa almost screamed. Mai was a bit crazy but that might help her right now. The car sped in the opposite way but so did they. The change of ways only distracted them for a few seconds, nothing more. Mai turned in an alley, she was going towards the docks. Téa couldn't put her friend in danger so she had to act now.

"Mai, stop somewhere here, I have to get out of the car." Mai looked at her as if Téa had grown a second head.

"Are you mad?! We have these guys chasing us!"

"Not us, me. I don't want to endanger you so leave me here. I can handle it, you better go, please." Téa pleaded to her.

"But..." Téa looked determined at Mai.

"If you don't stop, I'll jump," Téa said calmly. Everybody knew not to bother with her because Téa always went with her threats. Sometimes, Téa was really crazy, to begin with.

"Fine, but don't say I didn't warn you." Mai shook her head in displeasure.

"Thanks, Mai, now go and be careful."

Téa exited the car and ran towards the buildings. They were close, Téa was positive. Alright, Téa needed to focus on what Teana showed her. I can do it, Téa tried to convince herself. Téa stepped carefully, trying to make no sound whatsoever but even her breathing sounded too noisy to her. Téa was close to one of the buildings, walking slowly and listening for every movement of the air. Téa didn't notice when three figures appeared behind her.